Cannot type username and password to log on to PBEM Server

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
kongxinga

Cannot type username and password to log on to PBEM Server

Post by kongxinga »

In the game, when I select multiplayer, I try to type my ID and password for the Slitherine PBEM server, but no characters appear. It appears the game does not let me type. The fields are also completely blank, without the gray "type your login ID here" that appears in other people's screenshot.

Is this some language setting issue on my operating system? I can login to the Fields of Glory server with no issue, so I don't think it is a server issue.
zakblood

RE: Cannot type username and password to log on to PBEM Server

Post by zakblood »

Is this some language setting issue on my operating system?

wouldn't know with out a report to comment on

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just zip the file then attach it to your post as it's a Txt file which is then not permitted to attach to the forum, where as a zip file is.

if the forum doesn't let you post for being a new member, just pm me the information and i'll answer from the information provided
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
kongxinga

Post by kongxinga »

[8D]Thank you. I am posting my dxdiag logs here.

As an aside, I seem to have controller issues as well. When I try to say change the number of marines or skill level of a ship in the skirmish buy menu, something keeps moving the slider to the left (smaller numbers). Hazarding a guess, it might be picking up my flight sim paraphernalia.
Attachments
DxDiag_for.._nostrvm.txt
(90.16 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no (this) game related errors in the report

Problem signature:
P1: RTW.exe

is the most, which is Rome Total War etc

can you unplug you joystick and see if the game works better without it in, as some USB controllers effect games based on certain engines

and yes also not sure so will have to ask if the Japanese part is also part of the error, as it wont or maybe wont recognize the keyboard layout etc
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

as i'm not so sure on this one, have asked for an answer by staff support and sent a pm so will get one asap
kongxinga

Post by kongxinga »

Unplugging the joystick and pedals fixed the slider selector going to the left problem, nice.

I've messed around with my regional settings (setting them to US, English), still getting the unable to type in the Multiplayer login screen. Here's what it looks like on my side. Selecting the boxes and mashing keys results in nothing showing up. Selecting register results in 3 blank boxes with the same issue. I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

I don't think I ever had Rome Total War. I do play Rule the Waves (naval shipbuilding wargame), but I am not sure why that is showing up. Should the DirectX Diagnostic tool be run while Mare Nostrvm is running?

I appreciate your help!
Attachments
mareemptylog1.jpg
mareemptylog1.jpg (146.06 KiB) Viewed 339 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

well Rule the Waves is also short for RTW, so just a wrong guess by me, but it's the most error'ed game in your report, and thanks for the screen shot

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (146.06 KiB) Viewed 338 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

now you have changed the region to US, English, reboot and re try, if then it doesn't let you, delete this file when the game isn't loaded etc and retry, good luck

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (29.37 KiB) Viewed 338 times
kongxinga

Post by kongxinga »

Fixed the issue. Using a 4K resolution causes the multiplayer screen to break. Lowering it fixes it.

Now that I logged in, I see no games, and creating one causes an internal server error. Are servers down for all?

Return to “Tech Support”