Great Game! Soliciting Advice

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Spudsie74

Great Game! Soliciting Advice

Post by Spudsie74 »

I just downloaded TOAW 4, and am totally blown away. I am trying to read all the documentation, learn the new features, watch tutorials, ect. Unfortunately, I find myself succumbing to the urge to bltizkrieg....I keep loading old favorates (I have an origial TAOW 1), and LOTS of new goodies. Happy as a pig in you-know-what. [:D]. Great job, all.

(Dumb questions): I'm ashamed to admit I bought the game on Steam; the sent me an e-mail note about $10 off on the game [8|]...financial constraint, and all that. Not to be disloyal, but can I still get support from Matrix? (I am optimistic, as I am posting this). No problem with the game, it works fine. I would love a heads up from someone about transitioning into v4...lots of extra goodies that I dont know how to use. Great interface, but 'd love to know if there is a way to move the interface control box from dead center on my display. THAT shows you how bright I am....

Awsome job by all concerned...IMO TAOW seems to be an instution, generously supported by many avid gamers. Happy Holidays, and Thank you. [&o][&o][&o]
gwgardner

RE: Great Game! Soliciting Advice

Post by gwgardner »

Go to the War Room sub-forum here, and others, where you'll find all kinds of threads on the user interface, the tutorials, other great tutorials for instance by Curtis Lemay, Oberst_Klink and Larry Fulkerson, and so on. Moving the info on the screen is possible - again, check out the tutorials.

Spudsie74

RE: Great Game! Soliciting Advice

Post by Spudsie74 »

TY...have aceceesed Matrix stuff, as well as a great tutorial from Oberst Klink, and quite a lot of other goodies. It will probably take longer to process this stuuf than it will to metabolize all the food I ate at (family) Thanksgiving Dinner. (Still waiiting for the (sweeet potto &) sugar high to wear off). REALLY impressed with what Matrix (and lots of folks who pitched in) produced. Extreme bang for your wargamig buck (Panzer V!).[:'(]

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”