contact waypoint should not delete itself

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
gbem

contact waypoint should not delete itself

Post by gbem »

hi... apparently the contact waypoint deletes itself when contact with the enemy is made... this is a problem as a move order has to be made again after every single contact with the enemy... this is a micromanagement hassle
zacklaws

RE: contact waypoint should not delete itself

Post by zacklaws »

Yes, this issue has been raised. Its why I do not use the "Contact" movement order as a rule. As I mentioned in another posting, you can spend a long time doing detailed movement instructions to follow, and then when contact is made, and it may only be seconds after the unit starts moving, all that detailed planning is wasted. If I do use the "contact" order, I just click on the spot I want them to move to and leave it at that.

Other things you will find similar, "Dismount on contact", this too can be a pain. A unit itself does not have to make contact, it could be another unit nearby, but the unit will discharge its troops. If you have gave the unit any other order except "contact", the vehicles will keep moving, the dismounted troops are left behind, it then becomes an issue to marry the troops and vehicles back together again so that they can dismount.

Also the "Dismount on contact" will have troops dismount into an artillery barrage if one is placed on top of moving APC's, in reality it would be safer to stay dismounted. Similar happens if you are advancing to assault a position, if the enemy only has small arms and no AT capability, it would be safer to stay mounted till about 300mtrs and then dismount.

So care has to be taken using the "Contact" order and "Dismount on Contact", they both cause problems.

Return to “Armored Brigade”