units getting immobilized

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
gbem

units getting immobilized

Post by gbem »

is there a way to repair immobilized troops? apparently even simple fast moving ends up with a large portion of my army immobilized
Adam Rinkleff

RE: units getting immobilized

Post by Adam Rinkleff »

I assume you are talking about vehicles? Honestly, tanks do not belong in a forest, and wheeled vehicles fair even less well. I would imagine fast moving makes things even more problematic. How fast would you drive your car through a forest?

The game scale does last long enough though that repairs should be added. I suggested elsewhere that you could (for example) set the track repair time at, say, 40 hours. However, if a repair vehicle is adjacent to the tank, then the repair time drops to 4 hours.
gbem

Post by gbem »

problem is fast moving doesnt let the tank go through the road... which i expected
gbem

Post by gbem »

do you have an idea on how to make tanks use the road instead of taking shortcuts?
Adam Rinkleff

Post by Adam Rinkleff »

Ah, I haven't had too much issue with that to be honest. Some people suggest different formations, I tend to just set up waypoints at each intersection and they seem to do fine. I tend to move every squad/vehicle manually, even at brigade level engagement. It's a lot of clicking, but less than in Starcraft, so not that much.
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

ORIGINAL: gbem

do you have an idea on how to make tanks use the road instead of taking shortcuts?
Check SOP. Quick move will make your unit use the road, whatever move command you use. If you want your vehicles to move straight to the destination through field or forest, you need to set SOP movement to Short. Cover move will make your units via covered pass.
Werezak

Post by Werezak »

Using March formation is supposed to do it.
wodin

Post by wodin »

May be cool for occasional light damage that causes immobilization can be fixed by crew quickly during battle. Like to see this in game as an occasional possibilty
gbem

Post by gbem »

yeah... when i think about it repairing a track doesnt take much time unless it necessitates total replacement of the track itself... a lightly damaged track such as that of a simple slipped track can be repaired in minutes... i think resupply and repair should be the focus of the game developers along with a few optimizations to decrease micromanagement
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: gbem

Place a few more waypoints along the road you want to follow, instead of just in the start and in the end.
Know thyself!

Return to “Armored Brigade”