A quick update on the patch development.
1. Variable moonlight now corresponds to actual phases of the moon relative to sunrise/sunset. I can't believe I never appreciated how messed up that was. Testing shows a fair impact on how the Nachtjagd plays out.
2. 'Top pilots' view now shows days until return to service for WIA veterans.
3. Much improved response from Luftwaffe units in Balkans "Sud Ost" groups.
4. Hundreds of 88mm FlaK 41 now distributed by AI from AA pools to home defense. AI code didn't recognize them before.
5. Map now recenters only when an event falls outside of the current view. The frenetic screen jumping is greatly reduced, especially for BoB and the smaller scenarios.
6. A fair bit of scenario rebalancing. As a minimum benchmark the defending AI should beat the attacking AI in most cases.
7. Fixed a bug where the random number generator was always producing the same sequence of numbers and not re-seeding. This impacts anything that is randomly set at the start of the scenario, and possibly some other effects. If you have ever watched the attacking AI you may have noticed that it always used the same "Strategy" number (Strategy=2 in most scenarios). Now you will see he likelyhood of each game using a different strategy of target selection by the AI attacker! The code was there but never used. Other random effects like at-start damage, cloud cover, and aircraft readiness will make each game a bit different from the last.
8. Reworked the Fuel-Oil economy routines. Shortages are now much more likely to occur with a dedicated fuel/oil campaign. Both players will be notified when the shortage is in effect, but only the defender will see just how bad it is. beside fuel to fly airplanes, shortages impact the delivery of replacements to ground units leading to greater ability to break the defensive lines.
10. fixed the Jet Age '44 scenario. Me 262's now come on with a vengeance at start, with the AI doing a good job of integration into the Luftwaffe. A silly little bug was causing them to be overlooked for early development.
11. Other minor UI and bug fixes effecting the weather, night bombing and priority target selection are being tested. No AI cheats are being introduced, just adding some smarts and removing some dumbs.
We are hoping to get this wrapped up and available in a month or 2, depending on Alberto's RL workload.