Airdrops

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Chris21wen

Airdrops

Post by Chris21wen »

It's a new Soviet turn, nothing happened.

I was testing airdrops so I chose the 2 VVS that has a Li-2 Transport rgt set to daytime ops. The test I wanted to carry was to drop supplies to the AT unit using this transport rgt, but I couldn't?? I could use it to transport fuel but not supply. I've reloaded the turn numerous time and on some the transport unit is available??? I compltely baffled by this.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (109.73 KiB) Viewed 100 times
AFV

RE: Airdrops

Post by AFV »

Can you screenshot the actual Li-2 transport unit?
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Are you trying to use the Pe-2 and SB-2 to trasnport supply after the fuel drop? If you are using bombers they can only deliver supply on their first mission?
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

Are you trying to use the Pe-2 and SB-2 to trasnport supply after the fuel drop? If you are using bombers they can only deliver supply on their first mission?

Miles flown is 0%. ;-)
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: AFV

Can you screenshot the actual Li-2 transport unit?

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (66.99 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

No, just the Li-2. As has been said nothings flown or moved air miles zero on everything.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Here's copy of when it did work. The only difference bewtween them is the border colour around the air unit on map an in the unit bar. It's yellow when I can't and blue when I can, If I cancelled the mission deseect everything and go back and do it again the li-2 becomes unavailable again??????

Attachments
Capture2.jpg
Capture2.jpg (133.39 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I think I've found the problem. It's a select problem, or more precisely the order you do it.

1. Select F9
2. Left click unit
3. Toggle shift key
4. Right click target

Doing it in another order causes the problem.

I've tried it on an earlier save using different units and it does the same. I've not tried it on a different scenario. Would someone else try it please.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

if that then it is almost certainly the same as this bug report? There was the same issue of airdrops only being possible in a certain order of operations.

tm.asp?m=4441348&mpage=1
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”