Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound assignment question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Sound assignment question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound assignment question - 11/10/2018 7:33:55 PM   
Monkie

I noticed there are 2 helicopter sounds available but it seems that for NATO at least only one sound is played. Is there a way to assign one of the 2 sounds to a specific unit?

Also in the USMC mod, infantry foot sounds are played even when the unit is traveling via APC. Is there a way to change this via the data file?

Thanks for any help
Post #: 1
RE: Sound assignment question - 11/11/2018 12:11:21 AM   
CapnDarwin

Movement sounds are tied to the fixed movement type data and not platform specific. Same with weapons. There are only set types. If there is more than on sound, like blast1, blast2, etc., the game will choose from the group at random.

Work on Southern Storm continues! Very busy times right now.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Monkie)
Post #: 2
RE: Sound assignment question - 11/11/2018 12:52:02 AM   
Monkie

Will this be the same in SS or might there be a chance of custom sounds for each platform? So for example the ability to have different rotor sounds for the Cobra and the Apache etc etc?

I'd love to have the A-10 sound different than say the F-16 when making attacks.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Sound assignment question - 11/11/2018 1:14:27 PM   
CapnDarwin

Southern is using the same sound design. We might be able to expand post release, but we need to evaluate the additional load on the game engine.

(in reply to Monkie)
Post #: 4
RE: Sound assignment question - 4/11/2019 3:22:14 AM   
mirrorshades

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapnDarwin

Movement sounds are tied to the fixed movement type data and not platform specific. Same with weapons. There are only set types. If there is more than on sound, like blast1, blast2, etc., the game will choose from the group at random.

Quick question on the above -- for the original sounds that have numbers (blast1, blast2, blast3). Can I add more sounds by simply incrementing the number on the end (blast4, blast5... blast23, blast24, etc...) or am I limited to the same quantity as the originals as well?

Likewise, if there is a sound that doesn't have a number (slingshot.wav), if I want to add more, can I simply start appending numbers (slingshot1.wav, slingshot2.wav, etc...) and have it switch to randomly selecting one?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Sound assignment question - 4/11/2019 10:37:40 AM   
CapnDarwin

I'm pretty sure all you can do in Red Storm is directly replace the sounds that exist. You can check out the couple sound mods in this sub forum to review what they did. Make sure to backup any files you want to replace. If you haven't done so, read Mod Guide 3 on modding art and sounds to get the correct file formats for the files.

(in reply to mirrorshades)
Post #: 6
RE: Sound assignment question - 4/11/2019 12:51:47 PM   
mirrorshades

Thanks! I've read through the forum and the mod guides, but I didn't see that question answered specifically. I tried myself, by adding additional sounds with higher numbers (I combined all the sound mods into one gigantic collection, and just kept adding higher numbers for the ones with multiple files), but it didn't seem to work. I guess that jives with what you've said. :)

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Sound assignment question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI