possible bug from version 1.1.16

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

Ticonderoga60

possible bug from version 1.1.16

Post by Ticonderoga60 »

Hi everyone. Since I installed version 1.1.16 I have noticed big differences in determining LOS possible and not.
For example, the computer denies me clear LOS from hex 3.22 to hex 1.21. Also, units in the woods, and surrounded
by forest hexagons, are visible from hexagons of hills, while it should be a "blind" hexagon.
It seems that the LOS no longer considers the silouhette of the forest but considers the whole hexagon
as a forest. The same applies to hexagons with buildings. I ask you if you also have the same problem or if
this change of LOS is wanted. Thank you!

Attachments
Files.zip
(42.7 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Paullus

RE: possible bug from version 1.1.16

Post by Paullus »

Hi Ticonderoga60.
When I download your file and opens it there is no map or units. There must be something wrong with your file.
Could you make a new one please?
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Ticonderoga60

Post by Ticonderoga60 »

I retry. Thx Paulus
Attachments
Files.zip
(42.63 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Hi Ticaonderoga60,

I've checked your cases and the first one is correct. The LOS runs along the edge of the Wood hex and are therefor blocked. The second one I have to investigate more.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
UP844

Post by UP844 »

As far as I know, woods hexes have always been considered as if the whole hex blocked a LOS, regardless of the graphical depiction. This is also true for hexes hindering LOS (grain, brush, etc.) as regards to hindrance.

The graphical representation is only significant (and provides the player with lots of nasty surprises :mrgreen:) when buildings are concerned.
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Ticonderoga60

Post by Ticonderoga60 »

ok, maybe it's me that I remember badly, but something does not convince me .... try it too with the 1.1.16 and if everything comes back then it's me that I drink too much Gewurtz ...
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Yes there is a bug here. Peter is working on it.
Ticonderoga60

Post by Ticonderoga60 »

Thanks for the attention guys. It is very important to know that you are always attentive on the forum, and this shows a great seriousness and professionalism.

Return to “Tech Support”