Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New resources types?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New resources types? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New resources types? - 11/9/2018 2:21:39 PM   
Kossatx

Hi, it's possible to create new resources types? I would like to create a few types of capitals and cities. For example, with the editor only is possible to mod two types of capitals (Capitals, and Major Capitals), but I would like to mod four more types of capitals (six in total). There is any way to do it?
Post #: 1
RE: New resources types? - 11/9/2018 4:16:35 PM   
mroyer

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no', but I too am very interested in an informed response from someone who is sure.

-Mark R.

(in reply to Kossatx)
Post #: 2
RE: New resources types? - 11/9/2018 6:09:10 PM   
sPzAbt653

It depends on what you are trying to do. For example, you can have several different types of graphics for one resource, but you can only have one set of values for a capital for each country. If you could be more specific you could get a better answer

(in reply to Kossatx)
Post #: 3
RE: New resources types? - 11/9/2018 6:27:11 PM   
BillRunacre

The only way around the limitation of there being two capital types, if more are desired, is to have countries formed via Territory scripts. The first hex in the script should be an urban resource that is desired to be their capital, and the engine will allow that resource to become the capital of the new country, e.g. a town.

But for countries that exist from the word go, only the two capital types are possible.

That said, it is possible to vary the MPP collection per strength point between countries, and also the maximum strength, so more capital types shouldn't really be necessary, just set bespoke stats for each country, and use the range of image types available.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
RE: New resources types? - 11/12/2018 8:47:26 AM   
Kossatx

Thanks for your help

@BillRunacre. As you say, it is possible to vary the MPP collection per strength point between countries, but when a country invades cities of other country, the invader city sets prevail for MPP's outcome. This has no sense

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
RE: New resources types? - 11/12/2018 10:12:31 AM   
sPzAbt653

I tend to agree with Kossatx on the changing of Resource Values when changing ownership. For example, East Galicia Oil Field produces 3 when owned by Poland, 15 when owned by Germany, and if we mod Rsource Values between Majors, 27 when owned by Russia. I made up the numbers, I don't recall what the exact ones were, and probably there is no Oil Field in East Galicia in the stock campaign, but it all applies to any Resource.

(in reply to Kossatx)
Post #: 6
RE: New resources types? - 11/12/2018 3:38:26 PM   
BillRunacre

When Poland transfers to being part of Germany, its resources should switch to the German setting.

However, just occupying a resource shouldn't have that effect, e.g. capturing a Soviet Mine shouldn't lead to it suddenly having the setting of a German Mine, as transferring a resource between countries isn't the same thing as capturing one.

Anyway, as an alternative, the Settlement Resource type is barely used in the official campaigns so maybe it could provide an extra resource for this use?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 7
RE: New resources types? - 11/13/2018 9:44:44 AM   
Kossatx

BillRunacre: I have already used settlements as you say

Post #: 8
RE: New resources types? - 11/13/2018 12:49:34 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

When Poland transfers to being part of Germany, its resources should switch to the German setting.

That is what I was meaning when I said 'when changing ownership', but your description is better. So, why would the value of a Polish Mine increase when it transfers to being a part of Germany ? That is what we are saying doesn't seem proper. It's the same for any other Resource that becomes connected to a higher value grid. In the stock game I think this might be why all Resources have the same values from country to country, to avoid any such confusion. But to some of us it seems that an increase in MPP value due to a transfer to another country doesn't seem appropriate. An increase in Supply might seem reasonable based on being connected to different supply grid, but why would a mine or oil field increase ?

Post #: 9
RE: New resources types? - 11/13/2018 6:37:52 PM   
BillRunacre

What's happening is that the resource is being transferred to the recipient country, so it automatically receives that country's settings.

For that not to happen would require more coding to be done, probably with a choice as to whether it were to happen.

I can understand your reasoning and why this could be desirable, but I don't think confusion would be avoided because players would look at their newly German resources at some point during their game, and wonder why they had different settings to other German resources.

The better option might be to have a new territory formed, like the General Government of Poland, with its own settings more in line with the desired result.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New resources types? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI