Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Barrel launched ATGMs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Barrel launched ATGMs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Barrel launched ATGMs - 11/3/2018 5:51:03 PM   
varangy

So I was watching XTRGs first preview video, and it seems like russian tanks cannot fire ATGMs.

For example the T-80B should have the Kobra system.

Whats the situ with this?

Nevermind, found them later in the video

< Message edited by varangy -- 11/3/2018 5:59:35 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Barrel launched ATGMs - 11/4/2018 9:38:57 AM   
Hexagon

Hi, in what minute of video you spot the kobra??? i dont remember see a kill by missile from a T tank.

Related with this i am curious about how AI decide what ammo type use based in the target, i find strange all that kills of AFVs (M113s, BMPs) and recon vehicles using APDS (or missiles when they are avaliable in T tanks) instead HEAT or equivalent ammo, in the end APDS is more valuable VS MBTs and HEAT more effective VS light armored vehicles.

Thanks.

(in reply to varangy)
Post #: 2
RE: Barrel launched ATGMs - 11/6/2018 3:01:39 PM   
Veitikka

Currently the system doesn't categorize vehicles as 'MBT', 'APC' or such. They're just vehicles with different capabilities, weapons, protection etc.

Wasn't the early HEAT more powerful than AP rounds of that era?

Know thyself!

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 3
RE: Barrel launched ATGMs - 11/6/2018 5:15:06 PM   
Hexagon

I see, is one thing i asked in other thread, why in casualties are no difference between a MBTs or a lighter AFV and this is the motive.

Yes, HEAT was initially stronger VS armored targets because penetrate more but apart this was a lot more capable to oneshot them, HEAT is very powerfull when pen the target, AP ammo had lower explosive and APDS is good to made holes but not to oneshot if lacks hit a critical area.

HEAT problem was that needs a well trained crew and a complex aiming system to be effective, this was part of the motives to develop T-62 (and why soviets usually mount bigger guns on their MBTs) because 100mm HEAT was capable to defeat M60 and similar NATO MBTs BUT chance to hit them was lower by the letal combo low training+worst aiming system+ammo not very precise... fun thing was the after had the T-62 they develop a better non HEAT ammo for 100mm capable to defeat them (apart this soviets trained gunners with subcalibrate guns and they cant use HEAT on that guns).

Maybe someway to control what ammo use your MBTs is necesary because they can waste all the valuable APDS ammo with vehicles that you can destroy with HEAT reserving APDS for enemy MBTs (at least the modern MBTs).

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 4
RE: Barrel launched ATGMs - 11/7/2018 9:20:00 AM   
Hexagon

I am curious if is possible made MBTs decide better (or player can has some decision power) what type of ammo use VS armored targets, in the moment in game a MBT is the same as an AFV in terms of target (they are all hard targets).

I suggest if is possible in the area where you decide the hard attack range for a MBT add the option to check use VS hard targets HEAT, you can activate it and this made MBTs use HEAT and not the other AT ammo and when you want use non HEAT rounds disable it, i think this is a good help to deal as defender with the first enemy wave of units that are usually recon vehicles with no armor waiting to spot enemy MBTs to start using APDFS to prevent run out of the best anti-MBT to fast because you are wasting it VS light armored vehicles.

Even if this is possible you can do the same with the AFVs that have the weapon combo (automatic gun+missile launcher) to avoid use missiles VS targets that autogun can engage well... missiles are very limited and use them in first wave sometimes hurt you a lot when MBTs arrive because you run out of missiles.

Thanks.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Barrel launched ATGMs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI