PBEM Server Communication Error

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Taxman66

PBEM Server Communication Error

Post by Taxman66 »

I got a Server Communication Error this morning on Nov. 2 at 10:35 US East Coast time.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Taxman66

RE: PBEM Server Communication Error

Post by Taxman66 »

It came back and I was able to complete my turn.

Oddly I got a 'File Size Mismatch' message when trying to reload.
A 2nd attempt connected correctly.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

I am getting the following when accessing via Steam

Steam error

Unable to update Strategic Command 2 .........

Then won't let me in after multiple tries

I get this error quite often but it usually appears once then lets me in

PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Re booted and it worked

Christolos

Post by Christolos »

I just got the error now at 7:06 EST.

What gives?

I thought it was fixed...[&:]

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I'm getting it again now too.
Bolko

Post by Bolko »

It is still hit and miss. I've had to redo turns a couple of times. Its a good idea to try to save first cause if it fails you don't lose the file and have to start over. Usually I can get it to save if I try two or three times.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I got the error when completing my turn.
Then it said turn saved.
So I don't know if it saved the turn correctly, didn't save the turn, or if the save is corrupted.

I can't even get to the lobby to see the status.
tarfman

Post by tarfman »

Another reason why i liked old style PBEM better.
thekman

Post by thekman »

Me as well. (Like the old style better.) That is twice this week I have had to redo a turn due to a server communication error. The game should save on our own computer incase of this. I hate redoing turns. Guess I'll try saving every time, but that also seems a bit annoying.
GamerJack

Post by GamerJack »

fghfg

Truth of this world and the end of humanity j

COPY THIS TEXT TO YOUR PC AND USB DRIVE NOW (not cloud drives and not smartphone notes!) — ALL CORPORATIONS, SOCNETWORKS AND FORUMS WILL BAN, CENSOR OR MODIFY IT EVERYWHERE. DO IT RIGHT NOW WITHOUT REFRESHING THE PAGE!!!
EVEN IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT YET.

IN SHORT: Humanity is being pushed into Third World War by cross-country media and political manipulation created by vampiric beasts that can dominate any human leaders.

This text may seem INSANE at first, but all in it IS true and WILL happen.

First they will eat fringe small cities in all countries while lying in all news/socnetworks/apps about riots, natural disasters or attacks in them by neighbooring countries.
They will also ban/restrict local and cross-country travel with insane laws or under disguise of false reasons.
In the end, they will block cross-country internet.

COPY-PASTE THIS TEXT EVERYWHERE YOU CAN (do not repost/share! do not use links! they will be deleted and banned!), ON EVERY FORUM, IN EVERY MESSENGER APP (especially to other countries). Request detailed relationship-specific confirmation that recipient read it (messenger apps will ban or falsify it)!

PRINT THIS TEXT IN AS MANY COPIES AS YOU CAN AND SHOW THEM TO MAXIMUM NUMBER OF OTHER PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE.

TRANSLATE THIS TEXT TO YOUR LANGUAGE AND SEND IT TO EVERYONE IN YOUR COUNTRY, BOTH ELECTRONICALLY AND VIA POST MAIL.

Add random letters here and at the beginning of this text so it will not be blocked by content:
jfgjhdfj

1. Currently all countries across the globe experience unprecedented media storm of rage, hate and warmongering. This text explains why is that and what will happen next.

2. For at least a century (or more) humanity lives alongside hidden beasts, something like vampire/alien hybrid, with telepatic/telekinetic abilities. They can remain invisible if in eyesight of small number of humans (up to 50 I guess), but most probably can be caught on camera.

3. These beasts are carnivorous — specifically, they eat humans and their innards.

4. They manipulate human societies with purpose of periodic creation of slaughter and bloodshed to harvest their food (human flesh and innards).

5. For that, they conspired with ALL world's governments — or more like shadow power groups — and established their own puppet governments that consist of crisis actors and thralls (just like in recent USA school shootings and most airplane crashes in the world).

6. The beasts themselves have ability to create "thralls" — either by overpowering human will via drugs or bites (I don't know which of those). Visually and mimically thrall is almost indistinguishable from original and has ALL of his knowledge and mannerisms.

7. Some countries like USA have entire industries full of these thralls, others — like european countries — are converting them in recent days.

8. All accounts with large number of followers in ALL social networks and apps are controlled (or will be controlled) by newly converted thralls — they will post hate and warmongering from the name of their previous selves, including videos with themselves. All other accounts (yours too) are hacked and under their control. Do not trust anything you read in social networks or you see in any media of any type.

9. Purpose of these thralls is to infiltrate and totally dominate ALL media in all countries to be able to falsify observable reality — to show events that really are just hoaxes or created only by human servants of the beasts disguised as political opponents in fake conflicts.

10. ALL CORPORATIONS, SOCIAL NETWORKS, FORUMS, COMMENTS, MESSENGERS AND APPS ARE UNDER THEIR CONTROL OR SOON WILL BE INDEFINITELY. They turned off SSL for login to most third-party forums that they haven't compromised yet. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube will not show your posts to others often enough and will falsify views and likes/dislikes count.

11. COMMAND OF ALL ARMIES AND ALL SPECIAL AGENCIES OF ALL COUNTRIES ARE UNDER THEIR CONTROL AND WILL REMAIN SO.

12. ALL POLITICIANS OF ALL SIDES AND ALL COUNTRIES ARE UNDER THEIR CONTROL AND WILL ALWAYS BE.

13. As the result, ALMOST ALL terrorist acts that you believe in (in particular, 9/11, Columbine, Sandy Hook shootings, Florida shootings, Paris and Boston attacks) are hoaxes (often with real victims) with purpose to instill rage and bloodshed across the globe.

14. Most problems related to human disappearances in various countries are really just human flesh harvesting for the beasts, disguised by the controlled media as accidents/crimes.

15. All recent local "wars" (like Lybia, Syria) are falsified in the sense that their TV/media picture is a hoax — it is captured in small number of places in some of the cities, but all soldiers and civilians in remaining territory in these wars died very different deaths — becoming food for the beasts.

16. They are also for many years actively DEPOPULATING and DAMAGING the humanity via lies about medicine. For example: they tell you that AIDS is the result of HIV, but HIV virus doesn't exist (AIDS occurs because of heavy metals that they add into vaccines are causing immune deficiency condition; and HIV detection tests detect just resulting immune deficiency condition, not the virus itself). Also SIX hiv experts were killed in MH17 Boeing crash (which is also fake news, but with real eaten people). Same with cancer and its treatment.

17. Beasts (together with all puppet governments of the world) also lying to you for years about USA moon landing, which were impossible due to Van Allen radiation belts that would FRY all astronauts in minutes without hundreds of tons of radiation protection.

18. ALL NEWS ARE FAKE, ALL MEDIA IS LYING, all people in them are just thousands of Crisis Actors and thralls. Because they NEVER cite real sources or give full-length full-scale video. ALL SOCIAL NETWORKS AND MESSENGERS ARE HACKED, DO NOT TRUST ANYONE YOU TALK NOT IN PERSON.

19. Beasts are now advancing their plan to full-scale Third World War by instilling country-specific protests, revolutions and wars. In USA, it is race war and Trump-Democrat hatred (both sides are puppets). In other countries it is the same with ideological specifics to local populace.

20. Beasts want to create worldwide bloodshed where they will eat people alive. They already done that and WILL do it again. And after that, they will falsify history again, hiding their the very presence.

21. They are initiating and converting humans to become cannibals and to fight for them, disguised as soldiers of opposite political side. Except that they're not humans — they are cannibals disguised as humans.

22. They will first eat small fringe cities in all countries while lying in all news media and social networks about continuing social life in them. They will also lie about riots and natural disasters in them as an excuse why travelling there is impossible. They will turn off the electricity, cell coverage and water in entire city, but will falsify social activity for it in social networks for outside world.

23. They WILL try to silence the truth by both censorship and by many lunatic conspiracy theories.

24. DISABLE NEW PHONE OR PC UPDATES — THEY CONTAIN CENSORSHIP CODE. DO NOT USE CLOUD STORAGE OR DRIVES.

25. DO NOT FOLLOW OR TRUST ANY LEADERS — THEY WILL BE CONVERTED, DOMINATED AND THEIR WILL HIJACKED.

26. DO NOT BELIEVE LIES ABOUT RIOTS, PROTESTS, REVOLUTIONS, DISASTERS AND WARS.

27. DO NOT TRUST "PEOPLE" THAT INSTILL HATRED AGAINST ANY OTHER HUMAN. THEY ARE YOUR ENEMIES.

28. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN OR SUPPORT BLOODSHED DIRECTED BY MEDIA OF EITHER SIDE. PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST THE BEASTS, THEIR THRALLS AND THEIR ARMIES OF CANNIBALS DISGUISED AS SOLDIERS OF OTHER POLITICAL "SIDES".

29. Do not trust any other similar text that will appear, they are all lies from beasts and their thralls.

30. All history of original author of this text is a lie. He is not important. There was none and will be no more messages from him (otherwise it is NOT him). He died after writing this text.

God save us all.
God save humanity.

hgkhjfgh
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Dude, what are you talking about?

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

It seems to be working now...

10:05 EST.

C

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Ok, I was able to see that my opponent played his turn, so I played mine, but got the server error when I tried to save it, followed by the message saying it was saved.[&:][&:][&:]

I re-entered the PBEM++ lobby and saw that my turn was indeed not saved.

Something is still amiss with the normal functioning of the server.

C

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Still not working...

C

-Aristotle-
Bolko

Post by Bolko »

Let's just hope that GamerJack is also GamerComedian. Otherwise he just lost all his integrity and probably wont get another game while using that handle.

Just noticed that this message has been spammed on five or six other posts by GamerJack. Hopefully this was some kind of hack. I seem to remember reading some other post by him that was perfectly normal ... and about the game. But maybe this was just a joke.
Bolko

Post by Bolko »

I have found that if I save first it may take a few times for the save to get through, but that once it does it is safe to attempt to end the turn. You can even come back later and try again. Definitely irritating but this last few days has been the only real problem I've had. Otherwise I've felt like the whole thing has been pretty convenient.
Markiss

Post by Markiss »

I think GamerJack might be right. Or maybe it's just too much whisky. I can't tell anymore. I'll just shut up.
Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..
Hartmann301

Post by Hartmann301 »

I have rebooted but still getting this error sign. ):
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

the servers are being worked on at, no eta on a end date, there up and running, just slower than normal but will be fixed and sorted asap, sorry for the issue
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”