Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Cav?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Air Cav? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Cav? - 11/2/2018 2:39:37 AM   
wodin

Can you do heli insert operations ala Vietnam?

Post #: 1
RE: Air Cav? - 11/2/2018 11:40:50 AM   
Hexagon

After the post about river ships i expected a post about what about heli operations

Maybe here i am curious to about the airlanding operations specially thinking in soviet part with all that heavy investment in rear assaults units they did.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Cav? - 11/2/2018 8:31:10 PM   
nikolas93TS

They are currently outside the scope of Armored Brigade, as it is concentrated on conventional front-line operations in Europe.

There is however a chance that heliborne troops and paratroopers in some form could be added in the future. It depends on what the themes of future DLCs and add-ons will be. (es. Vietnam or Bush War)

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Cav? - 11/3/2018 10:29:37 AM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting... maybe the conflicts in post WWII with heavy presence of airborne-heliborne are not my favourites (over Vietnam i prefer things like Iran-Irak war or a Korea 70/80 what if) but they could offer interesting scens even in the basic AB game... maybe if as you comment in other thread is possible made deployment be less fixed to front combat and create "insertion deployment areas" you can cover with this the airlanding scenarios.

Maybe in future a DLC with extra nations could add specific "elite" formations like NATO/WP airborne units + assault naval units (you can start a map with shore terrain using it as deployment area with units starting in water... like a river cross but without the friendly shore).

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Cav? - 11/7/2018 1:51:53 PM   
kch

A Soviet air assault with asu 57/85 and bmd facing off against rear echelon nato troops being reinforced by armour would be interesting. Racing against the clock to secure infrastructure.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Cav? - 11/7/2018 2:11:37 PM   
Hexagon

The ASU57 is not present in game but ASU85 yes with the BMD.

I dont know if game has editor because in main menu only appear database editor option but if it has scen editor is possible do something like you said... i remember scens in other wargames covering this at different scales like soviet airlanding units attacking rear NATO positions engaging security and small NATO combat units made of a mix regular-militia units (i think they are named Heimatschutzen no???) or a full attack from NATO combat units moving to front line VS rear soviet airborne-airlanding troops.

Its and interesting thing, like add naval troops to simulate in a scen a Baltic spearhead from WP in NORTHAG near Hamburg couterattacked by a mix of NATO troops... well, in game is not possible have in one side troops from different nations but with database editor... if is possible edit nations and create new nations create add-hoc mixed nations.

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Cav? - 11/7/2018 3:15:23 PM   
nikolas93TS

A scenario like that can be set, but without the actual airlanding phase.

As for naval troops, Poles have TOPAS-2AP units with naval infantry from 7th Łużycka Naval Assault Division (later brigade). I think VDV and Soviet Naval infantry will be expanded later too. When I was working on Soviet faction (quite some time ago) there were no some auto-purchaser features that precluded them unless as separate faction and that was not practical.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 7
RE: Air Cav? - 11/7/2018 5:19:31 PM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the reply.

Well create a scen help pass the actual limitations to play with deployment areas in battle generator.

Interesting is planned in future add like in CM the ability to set into a nation select only player and AI a specific type of units (airborne, naval...)???

Talking about scens game has scen editor or not because in the main menu is not present, only faction editor... here i am curious if you only can edit unit stats or add new units (for example create elite tank platoons/companies with more training-morale).

Again thanks.

Post #: 8
RE: Air Cav? - 11/7/2018 10:28:36 PM   
nikolas93TS

There is no button for scenario editor because those are made from "generate battle" option. We will improve scenario editor further to make it easier to use and add new tools, similarly as we did for database editor.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 9
RE: Air Cav? - 11/7/2018 11:56:52 PM   
Veitikka

There is a scenario edit mode available, where you can place the player formations. However, currently you must edit an external .cfg file to activate it.

Attachment (1)

Know thyself!

Post #: 10
RE: Air Cav? - 11/8/2018 10:41:46 AM   
Hexagon

Thank you Veitikka and nikolas93TS for the info.

I understand that in 1.0 version if you want create a scen you need create manually a .cfg file with the name you want and when is create enter in game, go scen list, select it and go EDIT option no???

Is good know you plan improve the system to made it easier to use.

If is possible create custom nations with the database editor this help you can made your own custom OOBs to have in a scen for example mixed forces in one side like USA+FRG VS Soviets+GRD or give one of the nations "captured" equipment

Again thanks for the info.

EDIT: a little question, somebody is asking if game has map editor or a tool to import maps. thanks.

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 11/8/2018 10:45:25 AM >

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 11
RE: Air Cav? - 11/8/2018 12:22:17 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

I understand that in 1.0 version if you want create a scen you need create manually a .cfg file with the name you want and when is create enter in game, go scen list, select it and go EDIT option no???

No. In the game .cfg file there's the flag 'developerMode=0', and you change it to 'developerMode=1'. After that the advanced features will be available.

quote:

Is good know you plan improve the system to made it easier to use.

It will be improved and made more flexible. There will be scenario making improvements in the first patch.

quote:

If is possible create custom nations with the database editor this help you can made your own custom OOBs to have in a scen for example mixed forces in one side like USA+FRG VS Soviets+GRD or give one of the nations "captured" equipment

Yes, it's possible.

quote:

EDIT: a little question, somebody is asking if game has map editor or a tool to import maps. thanks.

The maps are simple .bmp images and can be edited with any image editor. There's a basic map edit mode that can be enabled in the aforementioned .cfg file. It's still crude, but is used by our map designer.

Know thyself!

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 12
RE: Air Cav? - 11/8/2018 1:28:19 PM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the info.

I see, is a little complex as is now scen edition (first thing a player search is or editor in game or a program to start editor) expect you have good luck with first game patch and editor be if not integrated in game (in the main meny like database edition) at least do like in other wargames and have a launcher to start scen edition.

Great know that is possible create custom nations, nations made with a mix of existing nations and hardware from other nations, this is going to help to create interesting things (like soviet airlanding defending a position in a corner and in the other one reinforcements advancing to help them, dual battle defending X and pushing to X).

Ok then is possible convert a map image in BMP, edit image to define terrain (this is a city, this is a road...) and introduce in game total new maps to use... this + editor is going to be a great combo.

Thanks for the info.

PD: something i dont remember ask... you can have units defined as reinforcements in scen editor??? in battle generator you have all in the terrain but for precreated scens reinforcements are possible??? thanks.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 13
RE: Air Cav? - 11/8/2018 9:47:32 PM   
wodin

Well apart from the obvious so want WW2 East Front version...well all WW2 front version then paras and heli insertions would be next want on list.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 14
RE: Air Cav? - 11/9/2018 10:15:56 AM   
Hexagon

If i dont remember bad in middle east was this kind of actions... Mitla pass and the fight and the initial assault over a mountain using Syrian commandos but to use proper units WWIII offer in WP a good amount of units to do this kind of war.

But i think that if is possible play with deployment areas you can simulate it relative well.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Air Cav? - 11/9/2018 3:19:04 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

PD: something i dont remember ask... you can have units defined as reinforcements in scen editor??? in battle generator you have all in the terrain but for precreated scens reinforcements are possible??? thanks.

Currently it's possible to use a deep tactical map and place the player formations in the rear areas, so they can act as 'reinforcements'. However, currently the game doesn't support any AI scripting, and I believe it would be necessary to have for timed reinforcements that arrive to the map after a pre-defined delay. If there's no scripting, and the AI reinforcements head for the closest objective, then the players will exclaim how dumb the AI is. Well, that's what it did in Steel Panthers and Combat Mission back in the day, but our standard is a bit higher than that.

Know thyself!

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 16
RE: Air Cav? - 11/9/2018 5:26:59 PM   
Hexagon

I see... do you experiment with fixing units??? have them in map but fixed amd totally disabled, you cant move them you cant shot them until countdown arrive to 0??? like ghost in the map, you dont see the and they cant see you until activation made them avaliable... if you made them appear in map borders... but this has the problem to find in your rear or flank magic units that teleport.

Scens are now more suited for "use what you have in your hands".

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Air Cav? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI