Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

River Ships and Amphibious Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> River Ships and Amphibious Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
River Ships and Amphibious Units - 10/31/2018 7:49:05 PM   
Maximghost

In the last video with the British army was a map with a rather wide river. In this regard, the question arises - could in the future hope that the equipment of amphibious properties be realized? I would also like to see river ships (such ships were at least in the USSR, Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria, in other Warsaw Pact countries, there were also ships and boats).
Post #: 1
RE: River Ships and Amphibious Units - 11/1/2018 7:41:30 PM   
nikolas93TS

No naval units are planned.

Also, the amphibious crossing is not simple as just driving your vehicle into the water.

The depth and width of the river, bank conditions, and the current’s velocity are major factors to determine the unit’s ability to conduct a crossing, even if amphibious. These factors will determine if the force can cross by fording/swimming, and by rule, reconnaissance of the near shore and predetermined crossing sites are necessary. Such actions are performed, whenever possible, by engineer reconnaissance teams which might be drawn from the divisional level, identifying "wet gaps" early and deploying the required resources to allow hasty crossings.

Also, due to the limited organic crossing assets, additional support from echelons above the brigade combat team or regiment is often necessary. That support is only available when that HQ have taken purposeful action to position the assets at the right time and place and integrate them with the manoeuvre force to make a hasty crossing feasible. Coordination of these assets must be made early in the planning process.

So, it is a complex process, both doctrinally and in game terms. Currently, we do have shallow water and fording areas which (at least abstractly) assume above-mentioned preparations were made. I don't exclude that in future we might expand river crossing operations with amphibious vehicles and bridging equipment.

(in reply to Maximghost)
Post #: 2
RE: River Ships and Amphibious Units - 11/2/2018 11:46:31 AM   
Hexagon

Ummm maybe use river units ala heli units??? you define an operation area, start point and an exit point???

They move free but you can order them retreat and what posture have VS enemy presence.

But is not like they are the core for what game is offering now... in a Vietnam title or in a map with some sea... i think in a landing in german Baltic coast (i remember a wargame covering this... maybe one of Tiller WWIII titles???).

But over this i prefer add the missing NATO+WP nations and improve UI.

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 3
RE: River Ships and Amphibious Units - 11/2/2018 8:32:46 PM   
nikolas93TS

I don't see naval units coming soon, because this is a land warfare game.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 4
RE: River Ships and Amphibious Units - 11/3/2018 10:23:21 AM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the reply.

Well, of course add more NATO/WP nations with extra maps and increase the conflicts/areas-nations involved is more important but know that is possible add that kind of extras is good, specially if you want and can push engine to WWII.

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 5
RE: River Ships and Amphibious Units - 11/3/2018 1:36:45 PM   
Maximghost

quote:

because this is a land warfare game.

Exactly. But during the Second World War in the USSR, river units (monitors and armored boats) played a large role. An example for this is the steel battle. Subsequently, this type of technology was also present. For example, the main post-war Soviet armored "шмель" had a PT-76 turret, 25mm anti-aircraft gun, 30mm automatic grenade launchers and MLRS. Ie 3 out of 4 weapons systems were aimed at defeating ground (coastal) targets, the 4th could also be used against ground targets as well. And such ships had to operate inside the land (on inland rivers).

< Message edited by Maximghost -- 11/3/2018 5:23:09 PM >

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> River Ships and Amphibious Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI