Thinking of buying

Brian Kellys Desert War: 1940-42 captures the drama of the campaign for North Africa during World War II.
demyansk

Thinking of buying

Post by demyansk »

I have watched this game and have a coupon. Just not sure if I should purchase.

Easy to install mods?
Extra scenarios?
Ease of playing?

Thanks
Rosseau

RE: Thinking of buying

Post by Rosseau »

Check the forum
Yes
No!
jack54

Post by jack54 »

I'm really enjoying this game, one of my favorite purchases. (I have to admit that I haven't played any really big scenarios yet.)

IMHO 'ease of play' is a No because the user interface takes some getting used to, once that becomes second nature the game plays kind of nice, again IMHO.

I recommend reading the tutorial guide; it does a good job of showing the interface in action ....

tm.asp?m=4455227
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
beldurax

Post by beldurax »

Definitely thinking of buying, like tonite when I get home from work.
The WEGO system is a big selling point for me, as I greatly enjoyed something like it in Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.
The theatre of the war is also a big selling point as North Africa has always been something I have not know much about, but always wanted to know more. The counters look great. The overstacking is a minor con, but I can get over it as the game mechanics to navigate stacks seem sound.
The different take on supply is really interesting. I am anxious to test it out.

It is a pity more scenarios were not released for the title, as well as a campaign, but that is okay. It will still be fun.

Return to “Desert War 1940 - 1942”