Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Global Domination V3: Battle Talk

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> Global Domination V3: Battle Talk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Global Domination V3: Battle Talk - 10/21/2018 3:18:14 PM   
ArmouredLion

I'd like to start a thread of 'battle talk' about Global Domination V3.

There are a bunch of new players around, and I'm still learning having only played for a year and a half or so... in fact, even the older players are learning since there's a new mod.

So I'd like to start with unit composition and opening turn strategy for nations (in general and specific). First, no design is 'the best' (at least as far as I can tell. Each style has its own assets and hinderance. But I will say that A design is key to having a good force... some discipline is better than none.

For me, a general rule of thumb is condensing units in Turn 1. This gives 'free' PP to use in technology. For Germany, France, Japan, and China. This easy PP is especially key as all these nations are in medias res of war or rapidly approaching it.

I can't speak on all the nations since I've only been Japan, China, Germany, and the Soviets.

As far Germany goes, I think Rifle II is key in the 1st round so you can use supplies before they spoil. Also, I have found Armoured Car II is fantastic. It gives you a great weapon that's better than any German tank and is great on fuel. Also, they will serve you for years to come.

I'll start here and see if this thread flies... any and all wisdom is appreciated... I really like to win :)
Post #: 1
RE: Global Domination V3: Battle Talk - 10/21/2018 4:44:38 PM   
Twotribes

30 rifle, 3 GP Machine Gun, 3 Heavy Machine Gun, 2 Mortar III, 2 infantry guns II, 2 AT guns, 2 flak 20 mobilizer for artillery ( horses with up to ATIII) If you want a compact rifle Division. Change out the Infantry gun and AT Gun and Flak with motorized versions as they become available. Then you can afford to mobilize the Rifles too.

As for armor, my usual mix is 5 Armored cars, 5 tankettes, 5 light Tanks, 5 tanks, 1 SPAA, 2 TD as they become available. Sometimes I add 10 Rifle and mobilizer.

Artillery is 3 to 5 artillery pieces and mobilizer.

Air unit is 5 of a type.

I tended to wait till I have Austria and Czechoslovakia before I attack as Germany. this can happen as early as Nov 1938.

(in reply to ArmouredLion)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> Global Domination V3: Battle Talk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI