How many scenarios?

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
schmolywar

How many scenarios?

Post by schmolywar »

I cant seem to find any info regarding the number of scenarios or details about them. How many are there?
Im not interested in generating random missions and would rather have the challenge of a human made realistic mission or campaign :-)
"The Russian advance over this hastily improvised road, constructed with the aid of the most primitive facilities, was, for a time,accompanied by the strains of band music.".

-Peculiarities of russian warfare
Tamas

RE: How many scenarios?

Post by Tamas »

We don't have a number yet as we haven't finished making them. :)

We do feel that the game's main focus is the battle generator, though. I don't see it as a random generator, at least that's not the only use of it. More like generator that makes me the exact scenario I want to play next. :)
I know this might be a weird distinction to make, but we are finishing up a sort of mini-guide that goes into extra details on effects of the possible options and the consideration one should have when setting up a battle. Once that's available, it should help understanding what I mean.

JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

The sandbox battle generator is one of the main selling points for me. The guide would definitely help to make more interesting choices.
Sniper31

Post by Sniper31 »

I too like the idea of a mini-guide to help with the battle generator....looking forward to it.
"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me
budd

Post by budd »

Does the AI work differently in the canned scenarios than a generated scenario? Is the AI scripted in the canned scenarios? With the battle generator the main feature and no MP, the AI will have to be decent.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: budd

Does the AI work differently in the canned scenarios than a generated scenario? Is the AI scripted in the canned scenarios? With the battle generator the main feature and no MP, the AI will have to be decent.

Currently there's no AI scripting in the game. If we compare the AI to the games that were the inspiration for this project, e.g. Steel Panthers, Combat Mission, Close Combat etc, then the AI in our game is very good.
Know thyself!
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I think to that the strong point in AB is in battle generator (or skirmish mode as you prefer) but skirmish is a "flash" creation with a heavy component of ??? factors, i like to take my time and create the scen i want controlling both sides forces and deployment and why not "port" scens from other titles like create the AB version of "When Tigers Pounce" from "Steel Panthers" using Leo2 and Leo1 VS T-62 for example.

Maybe if is possible you can add a preview/video tutorial of scen editor.
wodin

Post by wodin »

AI ?

I get battered in preview versions,

Also scenario generator is so easy to use!
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Combat Mission has a scripted AI of sorts given the designer uses "AI Plans" to get units to move better tactically. AI plans are extensively used in that game.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: kevinkin

Combat Mission has a scripted AI of sorts given the designer uses "AI Plans" to get units to move better tactically. AI plans are extensively used in that game.

Kevin

Not so in the old Combat Mission games. I haven't played the new CM games much.
Know thyself!
schmolywar

Post by schmolywar »

edit
"The Russian advance over this hastily improvised road, constructed with the aid of the most primitive facilities, was, for a time,accompanied by the strains of band music.".

-Peculiarities of russian warfare

Return to “Armored Brigade”