Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patches on Steam vs Matrix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Patches on Steam vs Matrix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patches on Steam vs Matrix? - 10/17/2018 10:29:16 AM   
Shadrach

I notice the Steam version is already on 4.1.0.8, and this is not on the Matrix site (yet).
The latest version fixes the tooltips.

Since Steam allows for a much quicker patch cycle, while in my experience Matrix can take a week or two to build and test a patch, how will Matrix ensure the two versions be synchronized?
Post #: 1
RE: Patches on Steam vs Matrix? - 10/17/2018 10:37:03 AM   
Tamas

Normally, we will release the patches simultaneously on both platforms, as is standard with our games.

This case was an exception, as the game has just been released on Steam on Monday, and lacking tooltips was not helpful for new palyers at all. Hence the rush. :)

PBEM compatibility should be no issue between 4.1.0.4 and 4.1.0.8 by the way.

We are considering a somewhat larger update next, to also include some official scenario updates that did not make the cut in time for the 4.1.0.4 update. This will go live on Matrix and Steam at the same time. If all goes well, that'll be next week.

Meanwhile, while all the above are finalised, I will share the 4.1.0.8 update files here as a zipped hotfix for those who'd like to restore tooltips on their Matrix copies right away.

Thanks for your understanding.

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 2
RE: Patches on Steam vs Matrix? - 10/17/2018 5:24:56 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tamas

Normally, we will release the patches simultaneously on both platforms, as is standard with our games.

This case was an exception, as the game has just been released on Steam on Monday, and lacking tooltips was not helpful for new palyers at all. Hence the rush. :)

PBEM compatibility should be no issue between 4.1.0.4 and 4.1.0.8 by the way.

We are considering a somewhat larger update next, to also include some official scenario updates that did not make the cut in time for the 4.1.0.4 update. This will go live on Matrix and Steam at the same time. If all goes well, that'll be next week.

Meanwhile, while all the above are finalised, I will share the 4.1.0.8 update files here as a zipped hotfix for those who'd like to restore tooltips on their Matrix copies right away.

Thanks for your understanding.

The link I have to DL the patch doesn't seem to work. "Site taking to long to respond". Could you confirm the link to the patch?

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 3
RE: Patches on Steam vs Matrix? - 10/18/2018 11:10:03 AM   
Shadrach

I still don't see a patch, either on the members area or here..?

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 4
RE: Patches on Steam vs Matrix? - 10/18/2018 12:05:27 PM   
Tamas

I've posted it now: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4543465&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Patches on Steam vs Matrix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI