Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in factories

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in factories Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in fac... - 10/16/2018 11:17:20 PM   
bomccarthy

I am trying to understand the production structure for aircraft produced in the USA - do the aircraft that arrive with reinforcing air groups come from production, or are they in addition to those produced by the factories? In other words, if I set a reinforcing group to arrive with 75 a/c that are already being produced, would these a/c be pulled from the pool of existing a/c?
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/17/2018 7:39:21 AM   
Helpless

Delayed air groups should get "rebuild" up to max aircraft allowance (set in air profile). They shouldn't use aircraft from the pool. Missing pilots will be "generated" for free as well.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to bomccarthy)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/17/2018 9:26:21 PM   
bomccarthy

Okay. So, if I set a reinforcing USAAF FB group to arrive with only 2 P-47D-15 aircraft, it will subsequently build up to its 75 a/c maximum over the next few turns using these "free" a/c, not by pulling from the P-47D-15 pool, correct?

This question popped in my mind when I was comparing the 43-45 Campaign scenario with the 43-45 Addl HQs Campaign scenario, which has most of the USAAF delayed air groups arriving with a small fraction of their maximum a/c, but did not change the a/c factory production.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/17/2018 9:55:24 PM   
Helpless

If I understand it correctly it should "build" delayed groups one turn prior arrival, so they should arrive fully equipped.

Pavel Zagzin

(in reply to bomccarthy)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/17/2018 10:22:27 PM   
Denniss

New groups should draw aircraft from pool, magically appearing aircraft would be a no go for me.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/18/2018 12:16:13 AM   
bomccarthy

So, if partially equipped reinforcing groups draw from the pool once they arrive, the revised 43-45 Addl HQs campaign deleted hundreds of US a/c from the game total (since they now arrive with only a fraction of their max strength and the US a/c factory production was not increased).

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/18/2018 4:08:05 PM   
Helpless

Ok, I have reviewed the code and apparently air groups built up to max pilots, not planes. Aircraft are provided up to what is set by ready/damaged/reserve setting of air group. And these are "free", no pool usage.

< Message edited by Helpless -- 10/18/2018 4:11:36 PM >

Pavel Zagzin

(in reply to bomccarthy)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/18/2018 6:24:50 PM   
bomccarthy

To be clear, then - when a delayed air group appears as a reinforcement with 2 P-47D-15 aircraft ready, no damaged, and no reserve, it enters the National Reserve with those 2 aircraft only (which are free). Since its maximum is set at 75 aircraft, the group will then begin drawing from the P-47D-15s in the pool in order to reach its maximum. Is this correct?

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/18/2018 7:16:30 PM   
Helpless

Yes

Pavel Zagzin

(in reply to bomccarthy)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in... - 10/18/2018 11:42:32 PM   
bomccarthy

In light of this, I compared the USAAF a/c that arrive with air groups in the 43-45 Campaign with those that arrive with air groups in the 43-45 Addl HQs Campaign: Noting that USA a/c production is identical in both scenarios, the revised Addl HQs Campaign deleted approximately 2,300 US FBs and NFs from the game (mostly P-38s, P-47s, and P-51s), 1,800 LBs, and 630 TRs.

Was this an intended effect? Which scenario is more historically accurate? USAAF records show that some 19,000 fighters were delivered to the European and Mediterranean theaters of operations between January 1942 and Aug 1945 (source: Army Air Forces Statistical Digest, World War II, Office of Statistical Control, December 1945, p. 183)

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Aircraft in reinforcing groups vs those produced in factories Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI