From: Zichron Yaaqov, Israel; Before, Treviso, Italy
Well I would like to introduce a new word for ASW and SUB "TRACK" instead of "React".
Based on how both routines work, i would say it is the same... and it more closely resembles tracking then real reaction.
1. "Convoy" stumbles on a sub hex (say convoy, it could be any TF)
2. Sub can detect, or even attack
3. Regardless of outcome, the convoy continues to next hex
4. Several rolls later (Sub leader, aggression, damage, speed, ammo, detection etc.) the sub CAN TRACK (or follow) the contact to the next hex
5. Routine from point 2. is repeated
- you wont see sub steaming a hex out of its patrol zone without contact!
- Sub has to have Patrol orders (so the TRACK routine could happen on way to-from the patrol area)
Same with the ASW vs Sub.
1. Sub and ASW meets at certain hex. Of course Sub wish to evade, while ASW trying to contact
2. they could miss each other, raise DL, attack one another
3. sub moves to the next hex on patrol
4. Several rolls later (ASW TF leader stats, DL, etc) the ASW TF can TRACK the sub to the next hex
5. Routine from point 2. is repeated.
- as ASW is usually faster then sub, you can see it follow the sub several hexes away during the same night/day phase.
- Each time they occupy same hex they will try to interact based on rolls (evade, detect, sub attack, asw attack)
I'm definitely for this suggestion to be implemented!!
< Message edited by adarbrauner -- 10/20/2018 8:38:21 PM >