Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Possible bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible bug - 10/10/2018 8:21:17 PM   
Twisted1

Ok, quick question. We are using CVPs in our game and I have one located in a port not on an aircraft carrier.

Can I fly the CVPs in an impulse for support?

I was under the impression (from long ago, when I was playing the table top version) that, yes, you can fly a CVP
from land and not from a carrier. Am I wrong on this?

Thanks!

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
Adlai E. Stevenson
Post #: 1
RE: Possible bug - 10/10/2018 9:03:03 PM   
paulderynck

General convention for some time has been CVPs can only rebase when on land. I think this is how MWiF is coded.

The problem was that the CW could take all their old crappy CVPs with a range of 3 (2 on the Euro map and 2 everywhere in MWiF) and leave them in coastal hexes and react them to the zero box to add 4 to the surprise needed by axis subs. Very cheesy.

Paul

(in reply to Twisted1)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible bug - 10/11/2018 7:18:10 AM   
Joseignacio

I think it was used in the old times as a possibility to fly a CVP from land, but I think it was ruled out at some point. I don't know if in RAW7 but it probably was (already ruled out).

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible bug - 10/11/2018 12:32:21 PM   
BrianJH

Ok, I think I have found an answer to this. The Rules as Coded, on page 125 under rule 14.4 lists a deviation wrt.

"Deviation: If carrier planes are flying from a land hex, they can only fly air rebase missions."

So, MWIF is behaving as intended by the programmer, even if that differs from the RaW. As to why there is a deviation I cannot say, albeit I think Paul in post #2, gave some insight into the possible reasoning behind that decision.

FWIW, for those interested, I've checked the WiFCE RaW, land based carrier planes can only fly air rebase missions, the same as in MWIF.

Brian.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible bug - 10/11/2018 8:18:46 PM   
Joseignacio

Sure in WIF CE, the only doubt was whether this was ruled out before or after Raw 7. The fact that MWIF has this RaC points strongly in that direction.

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible bug - 10/12/2018 2:28:51 AM   
davidachamberlain

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrianJH

Ok, I think I have found an answer to this. The Rules as Coded, on page 125 under rule 14.4 lists a deviation wrt.

"Deviation: If carrier planes are flying from a land hex, they can only fly air rebase missions."

So, MWIF is behaving as intended by the programmer, even if that differs from the RaW. As to why there is a deviation I cannot say, albeit I think Paul in post #2, gave some insight into the possible reasoning behind that decision.

FWIW, for those interested, I've checked the WiFCE RaW, land based carrier planes can only fly air rebase missions, the same as in MWIF.

Brian.

I have an addition to that.

When both the planes and carriers are in the same hex, it does NOT cost Air Missions.

This mostly only happens with reinforcements arrive separately.

Dave

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Possible bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI