Remembering place in "next unit" line?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

mgdpublic

Remembering place in "next unit" line?

Post by mgdpublic »

When I use the next unit button and act on a unit, when I hit next unit again it goes back to the first unit again. I often don't move my units, especially my navy, it's full amount (at least I haven't in first turn) so after acting on next unit in queue I have to go through my entire army again. I've been pushing next unit way to much to make this game fun. Am I doing something wrong? If not is there a mod that fixes this? Thanks.
Taxman66

RE: Remembering place in "next unit" line?

Post by Taxman66 »

I don't think I've ever used that button /function. I always move my units manually by choosing which I want to be active in the order I want them to do their thing.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
mgdpublic

Post by mgdpublic »

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

I don't think I've ever used that button /function. I always move my units manually by choosing which I want to be active in the order I want them to do their thing.

I start out that way on land but it gets a bit hard to do navies that way. I'd miss a bunch of units here and there.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

You can put the ones you don't want to move in sleep mode, but then you have to remember them in future turns.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Markiss

Post by Markiss »

I am not at home right now, so I cannot check for sure, but this used to work:
when bringing up a unit in the next unit queue, do what you want with it, but do not click off the unit, leave it highlighted. As long as it is still highlighted, hitting the "next unit" button should bring up the next unit in the queue, it should not start all over. This may not work if a unit has used all of its movement, and is
"un-highlighted" automatically by the game.
My 2 cents.
Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..
mgdpublic

Post by mgdpublic »

ORIGINAL: Markiss

I am not at home right now, so I cannot check for sure, but this used to work:
when bringing up a unit in the next unit queue, do what you want with it, but do not click off the unit, leave it highlighted. As long as it is still highlighted, hitting the "next unit" button should bring up the next unit in the queue, it should not start all over. This may not work if a unit has used all of its movement, and is
"un-highlighted" automatically by the game.
My 2 cents.

Oooooooo I'll try that out. Thanks.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”