Plankowner needs help?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

m10bob

Plankowner needs help?

Post by m10bob »

I went from cover to cover in te manual last night and could not find what I was looking for, so I suspect I need help with a rule change which may have been here in the forums.

I read somewhere that friendly aircrew recovery after being shot down is aided by friendly subs being in the area where his plane was shot down.
Where is that info and are subs the only friendly boat which can assist?
IIRC, coastwatchers also help, but I am asking about seacraft specifically..

Thank you...

Attachments
airsea.jpg
airsea.jpg (65.49 KiB) Viewed 176 times

PaxMondo

RE: Plankowner needs help?

Post by PaxMondo »

Well, I know it is true* and it is not in the manual that I know of. So, I'm thinking patch notes. To my knowledge, anytime you have forces in the target area it helps. So, bombing contested bases is another example.

* As IJ I will get WIA pilots if subs are in the target area whereas without them, I rarely ever see WIA's, only MIA's.
Pax
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Well, I know it is true* and it is not in the manual that I know of. So, I'm thinking patch notes. To my knowledge, anytime you have forces in the target area it helps. So, bombing contested bases is another example.

* As IJ I will get WIA pilots if subs are in the target area whereas without them, I rarely ever see WIA's, only MIA's.

Thank you, Tony...That was fast, lol....Hope somebody else will let me know if any other seacraft gives the same benefit...Working on a project.

Barb

Post by Barb »

IIRC any friendly ground troops/ships/subs/PTs/... at the hex where air combat is happening increases chances for aircrew survival. This is not related to number of units/ships/TFs. There is single check "Friendly units present in hex Y/N?" and that is it.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Barb

IIRC any friendly ground troops/ships/subs/PTs/... at the hex where air combat is happening increases chances for aircrew survival. This is not related to number of units/ships/TFs. There is single check "Friendly units present in hex Y/N?" and that is it.

I read this somewhere. I'll see if I can find the data....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

"We get by with a little help from our friends."....TY guys....Standing by...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”