Good exercise on the editor.

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

m10bob

Good exercise on the editor.

Post by m10bob »

Using Ian Allens reference book "Japanese Warships of WW2"...I have been looking for some rare but useful ships to recreate which either are not in the game database, or were wrongfully included as less significant ships.
(The most flagrant being an AR which the Japanese are kinda short on, and in the game it had been listed as a "transport ship", which it had been, two years before the war, and before conversion to an AR.

Anyway...My project this morning was not for a class, but a single ship so some folks may not want it.

The ship is the Tsukushi..(NOT the same as the ship of the same name with "Maru" as part of it's name.

My Tsukushi was the first purpose built (very modern looking) "Survey ship" which the Japanese intentionally heavily armed to allow it to go in close to shore in places they wanted to invade with landing craft, etc.
..After studying the thing, I copy/pasted the info for W-19, a Japanese minelayer, and put it in an empty CLASS slot, naming it the same as the ship.
I then armed it with 2x2 4.7in turrets, one forward, one aft, and keep the smaller AA guns which the copy/paste had populated some of the fields with..It was armed for combat, right?

The ship speed is 19 kts, the tonnage of the ship is 1400..
Something which intrigued me was the fact this ship carried an aircraft for recon, so I created an airgroup for the ship, (which I marked as the airgroups' starting location)..I gave it the Jake floatplane as it had the greater range and was used to scout over Australia on several occasions, IRL.)
If anybody has any questions or comments, please let me know...

Attachments
aichi_e13a_jake.jpg
aichi_e13a_jake.jpg (104.19 KiB) Viewed 57 times

DOCUP

RE: Good exercise on the editor.

Post by DOCUP »

Nice I like the ships your posting about.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Meh, I thought you already did Asahi Battleship :P

http://www.combinedfleet.com/Asahi_c.htm
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

[quote]ORIGINAL: inqistor

Meh, I thought you already did Asahi Battleship :P

http://www.combinedfleet.com/Asahi_c.htm
[/quote...It looks like this is the same ship, but I could not see it in the WITP AE/RHS ships database.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”