Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Auto Rail Repair Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Auto Rail Repair Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Auto Rail Repair Units - 9/18/2018 1:18:05 PM   
BeirutDude

OK, these things have me puzzled...

1. How do I know they have repaired a rail line?

It is no longer shown as damaged when you press the r key. If it is repaired all in one logistics phase you won't see anything else to indicate this.

2. When do they do it? During the Logistics phase? Can I send them back to the HQ during my ground phase as they already did their job already (helps to relieve stacking limits) and thus having them redeployed to repair other rail hexes in subsequent turns?

Yes, it can happen during the logistics phase. I'm not sure why some units stay around on the map after the hex has been repaired, and some return automatically. The ability to send the unit back from the map was provided in case it gets in the way of your other units during your turn. No need to send them back as they will go back automatically and be sent out again during the next logistics phase. If they have only partially repaired the hex, you will see a number in the yellow rail symbol to indicate the percentage of damage remaining (show with r key). This may only come up in bad weather, or happen rarely.

3. I seems like if I don't send them back to the HQ they sit in the same hex for turns. SOOOOOO...
A. Are they still working?
B. If not why don't they redeploy to the next hex on the line needing repair?

Press r to see if the hex is fixed or partially damaged. If the rail in the hex is fixed, and they aren't repairing a damaged port or airbase (or building an airbase), then please attach a save or send it to 2by3@2by3games.com if it's still not clear.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 9/18/2018 3:44:35 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Auto Rail Repair Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI