Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Political Points (PP). Full price is full price. Or is it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Political Points (PP). Full price is full price. Or is it? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Political Points (PP). Full price is full price. Or... - 9/27/2018 4:44:05 PM   
rustysi

quote:

isn't it somewhat fair that the Allies are somewhat hamstrung regarding PP early in the war?

Maybe, but the whole point of my topic is how much? I for one could not say.

quote:

Not a veteran player, but you get the 6th and 7th Australian divisions as unrestricted units. This was definitely not the case in the real war--but I understand why it is necessary from a gameplay perspective.

That may very well be, but it could have been done for 'play balance'. Let's be real, Japan needs to be reeled in to some degree. As an Allied player I would be reticent to commit these units where there would be heavy action for long. Australia has a rather limited replacement capability and these units could be 'worn' down to such a degree that they could be useless for an extended period.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to brian800000)
Post #: 61
RE: Political Points (PP). Full price is full price. Or... - 9/27/2018 5:30:57 PM   
brian800000

Historically those units were deployed in the western theater in December 1941. They have to come onto the map somewhere, and historically that was Aden. Also historically Churchill wanted at least a sizeable portion of them deployed to Burma, and the prime minister of Australia insisted they return to Australia for home defense. The reality seems to be that they are the definition of Australia restricted units, but for obvious reasons they can't enter the map from Aden as restricted.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 62
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Political Points (PP). Full price is full price. Or is it? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI