A couple of game mechanic questions.

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

MaxDamage

A couple of game mechanic questions.

Post by MaxDamage »

I have always wondered.

1)Does undug hold posture, screen and move - deliberate give the same defensive value? Or move-deliberate is slightly worse?
2)Does resupply give a similar defence when compared to undug hold or is it worse?
3)At which point do the tank stabs count? Move deliberate, assault are shots while being stationary or actually on the move?
CapnDarwin

RE: A couple of game mechanic questions.

Post by CapnDarwin »

MaxDamage,

1). Each of those states has its own defensive and accuracy modifications. I believe the moving state can be worse defensively, but the enemies stability plays into the shot.
2). Resupply is close to a screen I believe. I'd have to dig out numbers to be sure.
3). Stability looks at both target and shooter movement states and then reduces the shot penalties based on the stability and fire control of the shooting platform. Then that is worked into the final accuracy value of a shot.

Hope that helps.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”