Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

one plane lost of zero flying

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> one plane lost of zero flying Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
one plane lost of zero flying - 9/7/2018 5:36:20 PM   
MrBlizzard

Hi playing Torch to Tunisia scenario, last beta, first turn
it seems I lost one plane of zero used
it looks like a bug

Attachment (1)

Blizzard
Post #: 1
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/7/2018 6:45:07 PM   
Panjack

I believe the way to interpret these numbers is that of the planes involved in this incident, zero planes returned and one was lost.

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 2
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/7/2018 6:47:23 PM   
EddyBear81

Hi,

Good that someone raises the issue. I feel that the air combat stats are messed up with the latest versions of the game. Situations such as those are illogical to me, and they seem to appear quite often.

Overall, air losses do not add up very well (and I'm not forgetting training losses), which makes tracking the actual performance of the air war difficult (am I winning or losing ?), especially in multi player, when you don't have access to air logs of the opponent.

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 3
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/7/2018 6:48:51 PM   
EddyBear81

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panjack

I believe the way to interpret these numbers is that of the planes involved in this incident, zero planes returned and one was lost.

I don't think so. The first number is the number of planes committed, and the second one the number of aircraft lost.

(in reply to Panjack)
Post #: 4
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/7/2018 7:16:21 PM   
xhoel

It is the effect of an interception that must have happened before. I am guessing this is an operational loss (check the details). The way this works is as follows:

Battle 1: Your fighters intercept the enemy bombers. Air combat is conducted and losses from A2A and Flak are shown.
Last battle (in this case battle 2): Operational losses are shown.

Example:

Interception:

Last Battle:

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465

(in reply to EddyBear81)
Post #: 5
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/7/2018 9:55:31 PM   
MrBlizzard

yes you're right, it was an operational loss following an air battle.
It seems just a visualization problem.
in your second image there are 3 planes lost in A2A, so I believe that defender (german) planes should appear in this screen

Blizzard

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 6
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/7/2018 10:39:47 PM   
xhoel

Yeah it is a bit annoying. For me whenever I open my turn and check the interceptions I refrain from being happy since I know that in that last battle I have lost a lot of planes as operational losses while the WA suffer very little from it.

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 7
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/8/2018 5:29:52 AM   
LiquidSky

There are a few cases when the information being provided doesn't really fit...so they try and stick it somewhere. For example, you can have planes hit by multiple bits of flak as they fly over to a target..then at the target hex, it just gives the totals in the combat report. The flak isn't all in that one hex.

Also..you can suffer operational damage from flak. The flak damages your bombers...then on the return trip home, they may crash. And show up as an operational loss, not a flak loss.

The thing to note is that a plane was lost. And the closest report it could use to tell you was that one combat report. Maybe the fighter was on Air Superiority, and was lost operationally, and failed to intercept that mission...so 0 intercepted, but 1 lost.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 8
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/8/2018 10:54:21 AM   
MrBlizzard

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

There are a few cases when the information being provided doesn't really fit...so they try and stick it somewhere. For example, you can have planes hit by multiple bits of flak as they fly over to a target..then at the target hex, it just gives the totals in the combat report. The flak isn't all in that one hex.

Also..you can suffer operational damage from flak. The flak damages your bombers...then on the return trip home, they may crash. And show up as an operational loss, not a flak loss.

The thing to note is that a plane was lost. And the closest report it could use to tell you was that one combat report. Maybe the fighter was on Air Superiority, and was lost operationally, and failed to intercept that mission...so 0 intercepted, but 1 lost.

Good points and good explanation for my case thanks
it seems that my plane crashed on his way home during the following naval air interdiction phase (in the same day 5) operated by Allied planes alone (so this could be the reason for my planes not appearing).
my planes where in an auto generated CAP mission and one FW190 received a very light damage in combat (5, as you can see in report); that FW190 crashed returning to Comiso AF, very unlucky I believe provided the slight damage and the short trip home (2 bf-109 much more damaged managed to get back).
however it remains a bit odd the second report posted by xhoel with 3 planes lost in A2A during the bombing phase

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MrBlizzard -- 9/8/2018 10:55:14 AM >

Blizzard

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 9
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/8/2018 11:32:01 AM   
xhoel

The game is far from perfect in that regard so you just have to get used to such things. But the base of the game is really stable so most things make a lot of sense.

Cheers,
Xhoel

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 10
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/8/2018 12:31:26 PM   
MrBlizzard

Yes I'm enjoying it very much, it's a wonderful game
I see there's a good and continuous job for fixing and tweaking 4 years after the release so i post all the odd situations I can find.
I know many things will not be addressed for many reasons but I at least I tried and anyway I'm glad about all fixes done and explanations got.

< Message edited by MrBlizzard -- 9/8/2018 12:32:11 PM >

Blizzard

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 11
RE: one plane lost of zero flying - 9/8/2018 3:07:19 PM   
xhoel

Couldn't agree more with you. It is one of the best games I have come across so far and the support for the game is great too.

Yeah keep at it. I also like to post all the ''bugs'' or problems I encounter, helps the devs. Too bad the forums are so dead though.

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> one plane lost of zero flying Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI