Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OMG...not again...account merging

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> OMG...not again...account merging Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OMG...not again...account merging - 9/6/2018 5:56:41 PM   
Lobster

Tried to log into the members area and I get this:

You are logged in as Lobster.

A number of users were experiencing issues when logging in since we moved to the unified login system. This results from users having different accounts in different parts of the system. We tried to automatically merge these accounts but a number need to be manually resolved and your account is one of those. We have detected you have used an additional username in another part of the system called Lobster_slith. We would like to merge all your accounts to a single username. This will ensure you can login to all parts of our system without issue.

To remain logged in you must merge your accounts to a single username. If you do not want to merge your accounts you will be logged out. For more information go to: FORUM LINK.

Would you like to merge your accounts under the username Lobster_slith

I don't want to be Lobster_slith. Why do I have to change my user name? What is wrong with merging it as plain old Lobster? I thought this had been resolved. Where's the face_palm gif?

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"
Post #: 1
RE: OMG...not again...account merging - 9/6/2018 7:42:16 PM   
VPaulus

Probably you've registered your Slitherine, Matrix, forum accounts under different email addresses.
Anyway, for account issues, please contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 2
RE: OMG...not again...account merging - 9/6/2018 8:21:35 PM   
Zorch

The alternative is to have Scotty put you in the transporter and beam you into a singularity 3 times.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: OMG...not again...account merging - 9/6/2018 10:01:23 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Probably you've registered your Slitherine, Matrix, forum accounts under different email addresses.
Anyway, for account issues, please contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk.

Thanks. email sent.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: OMG...not again...account merging - 9/6/2018 11:33:35 PM   
jwolf

Actually, I thought Zorch's solution was far more elegant.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 5
RE: OMG...not again...account merging - 9/7/2018 10:10:48 AM   
Rising-Sun

That what happen to me, I did tried to get it fix, but they or whoever didn't want to do it. At first I logged in and turned out my account name rather than my forum name. I didn't want my account name shown in here, infact I even ask to have it changed and they or whoever wouldn't do it.

Some of you probably known me as RisingSun, unfort had to be this ugly account name I have here. Don't ask, I have no ideas what I was thinking of that account name with redindus lol.

(in reply to jwolf)
Post #: 6
RE: OMG...not again...account merging - 9/7/2018 10:57:46 AM   
JosephM

Hello Lobster,

We've received your email and are working on this, so please reply to the email we've sent and we will endeavour to do this for you.

Redindus69, sorry for any confusion, but let me clarify in case you have not correctly read or understood our reply. We have not said we cannot change the username, but instead said that we cannot do this via the Matrix Helpdesk as you would lose access to the ticket therefore not see the replies we send saying this was done. Instead we asked that you email us about this. As there is no sensitive information in the ticket, I've copied my original reply to your first ticket below, and I had already copied and pasted this into the 2nd ticket you created
"I'm sorry you are having problems with this. The Unified Login, which brought all of the Slitherine, Matrix and Matrix Forum accounts into one login, was the first stage of unifying the accounts and sites. However the 2nd stage of the Unified Account is that users need to be using the same username and password across all of the sites, as going forwards we hope that there will be one login and one site. So no, you cannot have a separate username for the Member's Area and Forums.

We can change the username back, but cannot do this via this helpdesk, as it does affect things such as old tickets not being moved to the new account and PBEM games will also not carry over. So please can you contact us at support@matrixgames.com with the subject line including the reference(Matrix ticket number), and we will amend this for you."

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 7
RE: OMG...not again...account merging - 9/7/2018 6:39:14 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: redindus69

Some of you probably known me as RisingSun, unfort had to be this ugly account name I have here. Don't ask, I have no ideas what I was thinking of that account name with redindus lol.

Likely story.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> OMG...not again...account merging Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI