Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/3/2018 10:23:57 PM   
thedoctorking

Is there some special mechanism in the engine that nerfs Soviet attack rollss in the first ten turns or so? I have noticed repeatedly that when I try to make an attack, and the displayed CV odds are like 6:1, even with good leaders in command and plenty of SU available, the Soviets somehow fail all their rolls. First ten times or so I chalked it up to bad luck but I'm beginning to think that there is something going on that I'm not aware of.
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/4/2018 10:04:37 AM   
chaos45

I would concur that in the early game even with good leaders the soviets seem to have a higher percentage of failed rolls than they should. Think HLYA has also noticed this.

I noticed many times soviet CV even on the defense collapsing a lot in the first 10 turns even when dug-in with good Command and control.

I don't know of any stated game reason for this as an effect or anything unless it was a stealth add to a patch.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/4/2018 10:23:05 AM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaos45

I would concur that in the early game even with good leaders the soviets seem to have a higher percentage of failed rolls than they should. Think HLYA has also noticed this.

I noticed many times soviet CV even on the defense collapsing a lot in the first 10 turns even when dug-in with good Command and control.

I don't know of any stated game reason for this as an effect or anything unless it was a stealth add to a patch.

I was pretty certain I read in the manual a specific Soviet nerf prior to November or October related to Soviet CVs. Did I imagine it or was there not one there?

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/4/2018 11:44:32 AM   
morvael

Maybe regular CV is misleading you? Soviets have pretty bad chances to pass tests (low morale, low experience, low leader skills), so their random CV does not inflate well in combat, and that makes or breaks attacks.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/4/2018 12:09:15 PM   
Stelteck

Also soviet have special issue to get enough ammunition (converting supply to ammo) to their units in 1941 due to a hardcoded rules according to the manual, and having low ammunition increase the chance of failing test&checks.

Maybe it could be this. ?

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/4/2018 12:40:06 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Also soviet have special issue to get enough ammunition (converting supply to ammo) to their units in 1941 due to a hardcoded rules according to the manual, and having low ammunition increase the chance of failing test&checks.

Maybe it could be this. ?

Yep that was the thing I remembered - although I think it ends in October or November?

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/4/2018 12:48:47 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Nada

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 12/28/2018 6:29:03 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/4/2018 3:52:53 PM   
chaos45

The ammunition rule has been in there forever but typically units that don't fight for several turns have full ammo. The main effect I have seen from the ammo roll is keeping soviet airbases low on munitions even into the blizzard turns. Last game I played into november soviet airbases even on rail lines where only averaging like a 40% ammunition reload each turn.

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 8
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/4/2018 4:50:19 PM   
thedoctorking

I bet the ammo is part of it. Units in front-line positions in hot sectors are fighting every turn.

I've had suspicious failures even on turn 2, though.

I normally use the better CV approximation method. When I look at the detailed combat report, I always seem to have failed a bunch of rolls.

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 9
RE: Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 - 9/14/2018 5:26:03 PM   
WingCmdr

Soviet units fight better above 30 experience. If you don't refit units before combat they never improve their experience and die in the thousands. The paratrooper units always retreat in good order (40 + exp), no matter the odds, but Sov inf div.s usually route. A combination of below 30 experience and only enough ammo for one or two Ger. hasty attacks and the rifle div.s route faster than militia. Only the Mech div.s are worse.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet attack weakness in 6-8/41 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI