Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Optimal Number of Planes in a Recon AD?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Optimal Number of Planes in a Recon AD? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Optimal Number of Planes in a Recon AD? - 8/31/2018 8:37:42 PM   
cfulbright

Does anyone have an opinion of how many recon planes to "request" per target? Two parts to my question:

1. If you target area with five U-boat factories in it (e.g., around Hamburg), and assuming you set "Strike Num" to five, what would you set "Req AC" to?
2. If there are multiple factories in a hex, either of the same or different type (e.g., two Fuel factories in a Ruhr hex v. both fuel and oil in a different hex), do you need to set two strikes to get both factories, or will one strike recon either all of the selected factory type in that hex, or both selected factory types?

I ask because in the past I've usually set 4 or even 6 planes per recon strike, and I tend to lose 1-2 planes per turn per AD, which is high attrition. Then I remembered Bombing the Reich, where setting a Recon mission sent only one plane to the target.

Cary
Post #: 1
RE: Optimal Number of Planes in a Recon AD? - 9/1/2018 1:30:57 PM   
MrBlizzard

2. Recon is on hex level so one plane should be enough to recon all factories inside it; when you specify factory type for target is used to select which hexes (cities) will be chosen inside your target rectangle for the recon.

Blizzard

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Optimal Number of Planes in a Recon AD? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI