Chitose and Chiyoda

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

Chitose and Chiyoda

Post by geofflambert »

I've had these boats safe in harbor since the earliest time I could get them there. Chitose is currently at Hiroshima whose drydock is empty and Chiyoda is at Osaka and ditto. It's 12/26/42 and neither has entered drydock for conversion. I don't remember it taking so long in past games. Who has experienced longer waits? Just so we get a range to have in mind.

For those who aren't familiar with this, conversion to CVLs became available on 11/1/42.

Anachro

RE: Chitose and Chiyoda

Post by Anachro »

I thought they had to be in Tokyo to convert with the Repair Yard appropriately built up.

Quick Google Search:
The two fast CSs (Chitose and Chiyoda) needs to be in Tokyo (only in Tokyo) to convert and Tokyo needs to have more than 50 yards
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Yup, Tokyo, and her repair yard must be at least 50.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Just curious, why would that be?

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I'd swear I converted all 4 CSs before and don't remember anything about Tokyo. I'm getting old. Sometimes I forget I've seen a movie and someone will say "You saw it, with me."

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Dev's decision. They felt that otherwise there could be some kind of abuse with the conversions. Absolutely no idea what that might be, but I trust their judgement.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I'm getting old. Sometimes I forget I've seen a movie and someone will say "You saw it, with me."

Oh, that's bad.[:D] Not quite there yet, but doubt I'm far behind.

Anachro

Post by Anachro »

Now I'm confused if Tokyo needs to be above 50 at 51 or can be at 50.
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
spence

Post by spence »

A possible reason for the developer's decision is that the Japanese did not decide to convert those ships until after the disaster at Midway?
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

To prevent a conversion to Chlamydia

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Just stuff them with Rex's and use them.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I've had these boats safe in harbor since the earliest time I could get them there. Chitose is currently at Hiroshima whose drydock is empty and Chiyoda is at Osaka and ditto. It's 12/26/42 and neither has entered drydock for conversion. I don't remember it taking so long in past games. Who has experienced longer waits? Just so we get a range to have in mind.

For those who aren't familiar with this, conversion to CVLs became available on 11/1/42.

This was explained a while ago, but I don't remember the precise explanation. Something along the lines of Chitose and Chiyoda being conversions while the other CS was considered upgrades. The conversions are hard-coded to Tokyo and Tokyo only. Other upgrades can be performed in other ports with suitable naval yards.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Anachro

50 works.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

This was explained a while ago, but I don't remember the precise explanation. Something along the lines of Chitose and Chiyoda being conversions while the other CS was considered upgrades. The conversions are hard-coded to Tokyo and Tokyo only. Other upgrades can be performed in other ports with suitable naval yards.

I think the other 2, being CS to CVL conversion upgrades, must also be performed at Tokyo.

Hell, I think even the BB to BB conversion of Ise/Hyuga have to be done at Tokyo, too.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
I think the other 2, being CS to CVL conversion upgrades, must also be performed at Tokyo.

I don't believe that to be the case. I believe that the others can be performed at Nagasaki or Hiroshima or some such. Anyone with solid credentials in Google-Fu want to give this a whack?
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

I converted all four at Tokyo, but I've alway recalled only Chitose and Chiyoda being required to convert at Tokyo. It is an old brain here though...
Created by the amazing Dixie
Dili

Post by Dili »

One puzzling decision to force them to upgrade at Tokyo. For the epic size of the game which was already much work done for the devs there what appears like superfluous code in the game, another for example is the aerial mining. I mean just start build the aerial mines a certain date, no need to hardcode the thing.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

ORIGINAL: Anachro

50 works.

+1

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Anywhere the yard is the correct size will work. I believe it needs to be 25, but I'd check on that before committing.
Hell, I think even the BB to BB conversion of Ise/Hyuga have to be done at Tokyo, too.

Again any yard of the proper size will suffice. Same goes for Mogami, she's the one CA that will go through a similar conversion.

Edit:I should have been more specific above. When saying 'yard' better verbiage would have been 'repair yard' as this is what is required. BTW I checked and a repair yard of 25 for the second two CS/CVL 'upgrades' is what is required. The first two CVL's are considered a 'conversion' as pointed out in Alfred's link below. Read it to find out the difference in terminology.
Interchanging the two terms is something I've no doubt been guilty of as well.

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

In very simplified terms the conversion/upgrade rationale is the driving force. The full details are provided in my posts in this thread:

tm.asp?m=3819690&mpage=1&key=conversion&#3819792

Those posts also provide links back to relevant Don Bowen and JWE posts in earlier threads.

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”