Is this a bug or have I forgot a rule?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

UP844

Is this a bug or have I forgot a rule?

Post by UP844 »

While playing Rico's "Biazza Ridge", I had a C leader (#8) and two Airborne squads (#4 and #6) in hex 14,27.

The AI sent a first stack in an adjacent hex (15,27), and I fired two First Fires and two Subsequent Fires, using the leader(*) and a squad each time.

Then the AI sent a second stack in the same hex (15,27). I intended to fire two 1-squad Final Protective Fires, but when I fired the first time (with the leader and the #6 squad), both squads checked morale.

Which of these two options is correct?

1) when one or more units performs FPF all units take a MC even if they did not fire in FPF
2) when one or more units performs FPF only the units performing FPF must take a MC

If the first is true, I forgot a rule. But if the second is true, this is a bug requiring attention.

Attachments
FPF.jpg
FPF.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 106 times
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
UP844

RE: Is this a bug or have I forgot a rule?

Post by UP844 »

The manual (point 9.3) states what follows:

Final Fire:
A Personnel unit marked with Final Fire marker can only fire into adjacent hex; in addition the personnel unit marked with Final Fire marker has to perform morale check. If the personnel unit fails its morale check, it breaks (broken+ state).

Has the non-firing squad performed (and failed) a MC because it was also marked with a Final Fire marker even though it had not (yet) performed FPF?
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

Return to “Tech Support”