EIH Mod in progress

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Daniel Amieiro

EIH Mod in progress

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

I have upload a alpha (really is a Alpha) EIH mod in progress.
I'm testing now with France (then i will test with other majors).
No AI starting positions.
No knowledge of what it could do.

But i wanted some "look & feel" opinions.

It's in the mod folder

List of changes:

NEW COMBAT CHITS (like EIH 4.0):
EIH has more combat options:
Attacker:Outflank (right), assault, escalated assault, echelon, probe, outflank (left), envelope, bombard
Defender: Outflank (right), counterattack, escalated counter attack, cordon, withdraw, defend, outflank (left), envelope, counter echelon, flexible defence

(Yes, side of flanking matters)
Note: Outflank left/right and envelope are in combo box listed as outflank. This is a program bug. See the chit image who is showed correctly.

OOBS and unit conversion:

General notes conversion.
Infantry:
- All Guard Cavalry are considered cavalry, added same number of guard factors to the country and remove same of infantry (example: a 10 I, 2GC will be a 2Gd, 8I, 2C). Corps with Guard Cavalry, removes infantry and add Guard
- Islamic infantry: Treated as militia if ottoman and normal infantry if it is from a minor. (yamak ottoman corps are militian, but algerian corps are infantry with low morale because game engine doesn't allow to build militia in minors).
- Islamic cavalry: Treated as normal cavalry.-> It's more expensive to turkey so further adjustemente was done on Turkey (see Turkey Below)
- British militia and infantry: EIH has $1/2MP and $4/2MP per factor. It can't be implemented. British infantry costs the same as regular infantry. It's cheaper for Great Britain so it is adjusted (see UK below)

Tribal corps:
Converted to regular factors with same country morale. If all cavalry, changed for a mix of infantry and cavalry

Leaders:
- If a leader is in the period, even if in EIH is removed after 1805, it isn't removed (game engine doesn't allow it).
- Leader in EIH can be retired (going to some kind of reserve) and/or eliminated. Retired date is not used (game engine doesn't allow it).

Ships:
- Heavy fleet: ALL heavy fleet have movement of 6 not 7 like EIH.
- Light Fleet: all 5HF/5LF are (by program restrictions) equivalent to 5+5 HF and LF. Same movement of 8.
- Galleys: Converted to light fleet at .75 ratio.
- Privateer Fleet: privateer chits Converted to I Light fleet with 5LS chits and base movement of 9.
- Transport: Remain the same.

Ships costs:
Heavy ships: 12/1/18 month -> Computer 9/1/12 (there are more light ships, so heavy ships aren't so determinant).
Light: 10/1/12 -> Computer 6/1/9 (medium of privateers and light ships)
Privateers: 3/1/3 -> Computer 6/1/9 light ships
Galleys: 6/1/4 -> Not used. Reemplaced by light fleets.
Transport: 4/1/6 -> Remain the same.

Ships damaged & ships in commision -> Not included. Not avaiable from start
Overseas Ships: -> These are included from start

North Africa:
In EIH, manpower of North Africa can only be collected by Turkey or Spain. It can't be implemented here, so all countries can collect manpower from North Africa.

Holy Roman Empire:
In EIH function it works like a small bonus to Money and manpower to the KGL crops, Austria HRE and Prussia HRE. The best bonus is +8 money / +4 manpower (all the HRE only controlled by prussia, Austria and GB). I give a "medium" bonus of +5 money/+2 manpower in capital province to Austria, Prussia and Uk to reflect a "medium" aportation.
These money and manpower are used to fill the KGL/HRE corps. GB has one KGL corps and Austria and prussia 3 HRE corps..

Predominant Power: France and GB gets $10 each economic phase for being dominant -> Added to england and ille the france

Kingdom depots:
In EIH all kingdoms have depots (1 to 4). It can't be implemented so these aren't used.

----------------------------------------
FRANCE:

Corps:
France X,XI,XII corps are 15I/1C not 12I/2C
Guard Corps is 2I,18Gd,3C instead 5I,15Gd,3Gc

Fleets:
Added Priv I-IV

Leaders:
changes from computer game:
- Murat is 223B Cavalry not 222 Cav
- Davout in EIH is a 452C leader, not B
- Bernadotte leader is a Sweden Leader. Note: Bernadotte pic changed. Game uses Berthier PIC :D

- Jerome is a 222C leader, not 221. feb 1808
- Ney is a 241C leader, not 231.
- Eugene leader is a 331-C Leader that arrives in jan 1806 then transforms to Eugene leader 333B in jan 1809. Leaved as a jan 1809 333B leader jan 1809 (france has already a lot of leaders and the "B" of eugene is what matters in 1809 if stacked with cavalry leaders)

No changes: Massena 443C, Soult 333C

More leaders:
- Desaix 442B (cav). Added because it was in EIH 4.0, but i think it's a historical error (died in 1800). In my "historical mod" it will be corrected
- Lannes 241C
- Mortier 332D
- Suchet 332C (reinforcing apr 1809)
- Marmont 222D (reinforcing jul 1809)
- Saint Cyr 231C (aug 1812)
- Vandamme 321D (mar 1813)
- Villeneuve (naval).

Notes on leaders:
Frances has one less leader (Bernadotte), but marmont isn't removed, so one for another. Minimum impact (bernadotte and marmont are "colorful" leaders, france has a lot...).

Setup:
135 -> 133 Infantry, 6->8 Guard, 17->19 Cavalry, 2->0 Guard Cavalry, 46 Heavy ships+9, 22+5 Light ships and 20 Transports in commission,
10 Heavy ships and 6 Light ships in ordinary, 8 Heavy ships and 4 Light ships damaged. -> Added 9 HS and 5 LS., up to 6 depots, any desired Corps, Squadrons and Fleets and $45.
The following leaders are available: Napoleon (R), Desaix, Murat, Davout, Massena, Soult, Lannes, Ney and Mortier.

Adaptation:
Ille de France gets a +10 money bonus to reflect france domination.

------------------------------------------
GREAT BRITAIN
------------------------------------------

Corps:
- Gb IV, V and VI are 14I not 10I.
- Light infantry has 5 movement, not 3.
- Added KGL 12I, 2C unit

Fleets:
- Added Priv I-II
- Heavy fleets are 30h 7 lt, not 28/6

Leaders:
- Wellington is a 443C leader (mar 1807) who evolves to 454B in 1812. Leaved as a 453B leader all time thar arrives on mar 1807
- Moore 342B arrives on nov 1805 not 1806

No changes: Beresford 331D Feb 1809, Nelson (naval)

More Leaders (with pics):
- York 222A
- Dundas 222B
- Moira 232B
- Chatham 122B
- Stuart 231C arrives on feb 1805
- Hill 332C arrives on mar 1811 (Rowland Hill)
- Murray 213C arrives on jan 1811

Setup
20 Infantry, 10 militia (constitutional forces), 4 Cavalry, 76+5 Heavy ships, 57+15 Light ships and 5 Transports in commission,
24 Heavy ships and 18 Light ships in ordinary, 12 Heavy ships and 6 Light ships damaged. and $25. -> optional could be Added: 18 HS +12 LS
British Overseas Fleet (5.1.6): 5 Heavy ships, 15 Light ships. Added:
The following leaders are available: York (R), Dundas, Nelson, Moira and Chatham.

Adaptation:
England gets a +5 money +2 manpower bonus by "german bund bonus"
England gets a -5 money penalty because their corps are expensive in EIH 4.0
England gets a +10 money bonus by Dominance
England gets a -10 money penalty because colonial trade is 20$ not 30$ in EIH 4.0

Optionals:
16.6.2.3 Britain and Egypt (Optional): Impossible to implement.
16.6.2.4 Britain and Portugal (Optional): impossible to implement.
16.6.2.5 Ireland (Optional): Implemented as new kingdom of ireland
16.6.2.6 British Training (Optional): Applied to Portugal and Hanover.
16.6.2.7 British Militia: As normal militia with 2.5 morale.

16.6.2.8 Constitutional Forces (Optional): Impossible to implement. (40 militia for a -3PP penalty)
Adaptation: Gb is given a 10 militia initial bonus without penalty, rest is mimicked with Economic manipulation.

---------------------------------
SPAIN:
---------------------------------

Corps:
- Added SP VIII Inf corp 14 I/M

Fleet:
- Added Priv I-II

Depots:
- Spain has only 6 depots.

Leaders:
- Cuesta: 123B leader avaiable from start (is retired in EIH but it's ignored). Historically he went to action when france invaded Spain.
- Blake: 224B avaiable on may 1808 (not from start)
- Castaños: Is a 333B leader not 333C.

Added:
- Godoy 113A at start (it can't remove in mar 1808)
- La Romana 223B at start
- Ballesteros 421C (jan 1808)
- Palafox 231D (jun 1808)
- Areizaga 212C (aug 1809)
- Del Parque 232C (sep 1809)
- Giron 222B (mar 1813)

NOT added (for game balance):
Spain must eliminate cuesta (in 1809) and La Romana (1811), but game doesn't allow it. So these leaders aren't added:
- Caro 221C at start. He is La Romana historically! (same person) and there is cuesta at start already
- Mendizabal 121C (jan 1811) -> It replaces La Romana in EIH (by date) and in computer game it can't be replaced.

Setup:
43 Infantry, 6 Cavalry, 10 militia (ordenanza)
41 Heavy ships, 25+10 (overseas) Light ships and 10 Transports in commission,
$16.
The following leaders are available: De La Cuesta, Godoy, La Romana and Castanos.

Optionals:
16.6.7.2 Ordenanza (Optional): 15 militia for -1 PP penalty.
- Adaptation: Spain is given a 10 militia initial bonus without penalty.
16.6.7.3 Spanish Naval Manning Problems (Optional): Not used (unfair) and impossible to implement.
16.6.7.4 Spanish Naval Maintenance Problems (Optional): Not used (unfair) and impossible to implement..

----------------------------------
PRUSSIA:

Corps:
Added HRE I 12I,2C. Not added more HRE corps. Instead Prussia has +5$/+2MP HRE bonus in capital province.
Guard corp 7Gd, 8I, 2C instead 5Gd, 10I, 2Gc.

Fleet:
Galley are converted to Lt Fleet. So Prussia have 1-3 Lt Fleet and 1 Priv fleet

Leaders:
- Brunswick: Is a 123A not 213A
- York is a 232D mar 1813, not 332D feb 1814. -1109

No changes:
- Hohenhole 124B
- Blucher 345C* (adaptation: no blucher EIH rule -> 3 months arrival from first defeat) arrives at feb 1806.

Added:
- Willhelm III 112A
- Lestocq: 231D from start (not from july to balance louis fred not starting). (it's a cavalry general but in EIH doesn't have the *). I added it as a cavalry leader, and makes sense for prussia to compensate an early defeat and not having a cavalry leader (blucher) in computer game...

Not added:
- Louis Fred: a 231D from start then a 333A in apr 1809. Instead added earlier and cavalry Lestoqc. Why is not added?. Because there isn't a Louis Fred (the only one is Hohenlohe XD, same problem as Caro&LaRomana, EIH doers weren't good at history :D ).
- Bulow: 222C (Jan 1813), because lestocq isn't removed in computer game in march 1813 and not give a extra leader.

Adaptation Added:
(Augustus von )Gneisenau: The blucher counterpart ;).
Added as a 333C in apr1809 to maintain 333 usable leader gived in EIH.

16.1.5.5 Prussia
80->78 Infantry, 3->5 Guard, 15->17 Cavalry, 2->0 Guard Cavalry no ships, up to 5 depots, any desired Corps and $18. The following leaders are available: Hohenlohe, F.Wilhelm III (R), Lestocq and Brunswick.

-----------------------------------
TURKEY
-----------------------------------

CORPS:
Adaptation:
The most challenging country to adapt to EIH behaviour.
There are these rules needed to adapt
Turkey has:
- Military reform: The nizami cedid corps (12I, 2C Morale 3.0/3.0) wipes out in 1809 in ottoman card).
- Ottoman Stubborness (14.6.4.3) -> more moral in home country (+0.5) and in home sieges (+1.0)
- Islamic infantry (3 yamak corps with a third type of infantry, like militia, nor feudal, nor infantry) with 1.5 morale and stubborness. This infantry is also in north africa. it costs $1/2
- Guard Cavalry : a 4.0 morale cavalry
- Sipahi: A 3.0 morale islamic cavalry a little cheaper.
- More Feudal Tribal Corps: 14.6.4.2 In Transylvania, Crimea, Novorussia or Podolia.
- Janissary has 2.5 morale, not 3 and stubborness
- Ottoman can commit guard in EIH.
- Basibozuk: Ottoman has is own "cosacks" in Rumelia, Bulgaria & Anatolia.

Conversion decision.
- islamic cavalry: It equals a cheap cavalry with same morale. So conversion is to regular cavalry of 3.0 morale.
- islamic infantry: Three options to consider
option 1: As militia (like intended in EIH). Big problem: This is not aplicable to northern minors, because minors can't build militia in computer game, so in minors it must be infantry.
option 2: As infantry. It has problems too. Ottoman starts with a lot of yamak (50 yamak factors). If these are infantry, it's like giving ottoman a +100$ start unless yamak toned down.
option 3: as feudal. Al north africa should work like crimea or podolia if conquered by ottoman. But it's not the EIH way. I will use it in my historical mod, but not in EIH

so... what to do?
- islamic infantry are militia corps in turkey with 2.0 morale and regular infantry of 1.5 morale in northern africa (2.0 if ottoman controlled). So militia is cheaper than islamic infantry in ottoman home, but more expensive in northern africa countries so one balances other for turkey. Turkey is allowed to build militia. If Marshall ellis allows minors to build militia, these will be changed by militia and turkey economics toned down.
- islamic cavalry are regular cavalry now. It's more costly to ottoman build cavalry. But it's compensated by the increase money in balkans (see albania, greece, bosnia & serbia below).

On the other hand, morale for turkey are
3.0 for cavalry (a little less than the guard cavalry)
3.0 for infantry (assumed stubborness allways -> only for janissary)
2.0 for militia (same as before)
4.0 for guard. (guard cavalry has 4 morale).

Corps:

Maintained:
Nizam-i Djedid/ Nezami Cedid (12I,2C)? -> No rules for disbanding this. Leave as it.

Adapted:
I Janissary: 3Gd, 11I (changed for 14I to 11I, 3Gd to give room to 6GC)
II Janissary: 3Gd, 11I

Suvarileri: 6C (in game there were 6 GC).
Sipahi: 6C
I Yamak: 14M. (in game there were 14 islamic infantry)
II Yamak: 14M
III Yamak: 14M.

Feudal:
Added Anatolia II 10 FC like in EIH
Added Armenia 10 FI
Smyrna is 10 FI not 10 FC
Added Novorussia 10 FI (only avaiable if novorussia conquered)

Basibozuk:
Added Basibozuk irregulars (like Cossacks) for Rumelia, Bulgaria & Anatolia

Depots:
Turkey has only 6 depots (starts with 7, but in 1809 has only six).

Fleet:
Galley I-III Converted to V-VII Squadron

Leaders:

Note on pics:
Game pics are erroneous!
Gran vizir: Sultan Mustafa IV -> changed to a generic grand vizir
Khusand Ali: Sultan Selim III -> Not used in this mod
Pechlivan Khan: Who cares...

Granz Vizier is a 225A not 124A (in EIH it "varies" from 115 to 335 randomly)
Pechlivan Khan is a 343B arriving in nov 1806 (not 232B from start)

Added leaders:
- Abdurrahman Rafi 222*C from start (pics from total war forums)
- Hakki 222*D. from start (pics from total war forums)
- Husrev 223C
- Bayrakdar 233B (it was a grand vizir dead in 1808, but it can't be removed in game)

Beilerbey Runni 123C and Khurshid 222C are the same : Hurshid Ahmed Pasha.
- Taken as Hurshid 123C from Start. Only one leader. It compensates the non removal or Bayrakdar

Selim II & MahmudII are 116A sultan and 226A sultan (one replaces the later)
- Taken as Mahmud 226A (R)

16.1.5.4 Ottoman
20-> 18 Janissary, 0->2 Guards, 50 Islamic Infantry-> Militia, 4->6 Cavalry, 2 Guard Cavalry -> 0, 12 (+4 )Heavy ships, 16+2(+4+2) Light ships,
2 Galleys and 10 Transports in commission, 4 Heavy ships, 4 Light ships and 4 Galleys in ordinary, 4 Heavy ships and 4 Light ships damaged, up to 4 depots, any desired Corps, Squadrons and Fleets and $11. All Tribal are at full strength, and may be placed in their province of origin if desired. Feudal Corps are also at full strength, though only garrisons may be placed on the map.
The following leaders are available:
Grand Vizier, Abdurrahman, Selim II (R), Hakki-> Kushand li, Husrev and Hurshid.

--------------------------------------
RUSSIA

Corps:
V Guard: 12Gd,2CGd, changed to 14Gd, 2C. (not possible infantry conversion).

Grusinian (testing*): Added a 14I, 2C like insurrection corp (comes . It may move only within: Caucasus, Chechnya, Circassia, Georgia, Imeretia, Persia, Armenia and Trabizon. (like insurrection austrian)

Cavalry corps
Like EIH IV and V Cavalry corps aren't used
instead Russia has 3 Feudal (Tribal) cavalry corps (testing*)

Don 6FC
Astrakhan 6FC
Caucacus 6FC.

Leaders
Alexander is a 125A not a 124A
Bagration a 243C, not a 233 C
Kutuzov is a 344B from start :)
Benningsen arrives in nov 1806, not from start
Wittgenstein is a 222C not 223C and arrives in dec 1806
Tormasov is 123C not 123D and arrives in jul 1811

Added:
Buxhowden 212C (should remove on feb 1811)
Platov 221*D (the Real Ataman ;) )
Milodarovich 232C mar 1807
Kamenski 223 feb 1808

Not added:
Dotchturov 222D Because Bennningsen 223B is not removed
Rayevski 222D Because Kamenski 223C is not removed
Chichagov 121C Because Buxhowden 212C is not removed
Yermolov 222C Because Kutuzov 334B is not removed

No caucacus leader becasuse Milodarovich 232C is not removed.

Barclay is a 334B nov 1806 leader that evolves to 336A in feb 1813
Leaved as 335 B nov 1806 leader...

14.6.7.3 Caucasus Commander
Russia has leaders designated in the Leader Reinforcement Chart as “Caucasus” leaders. These leaders are under the same movement restrictions as the Grusinian Corps.
Conversion notes: Not used. Too much mess and little use. Because there isn't leader removal in computer game, these are compensated with the excess of other russian leaders

Fleet:
Russian fleet should start divided between baltic and black sea. But it can't be implemented. Take it as a house rule.. The AI (vs computer) will start with fleet divided

Total fleet
Baltic: 40 hv, 24 light 10 transport
Black sea : 13 hv, 15 lt

total 53 hvy 39 light + 10 transport

Without damages: 32+10 = 42 hv + 7+4+14=25 (light +19*0.75 galleys ->14)

16.1.5.6 Russia (in EIH)
75->73 Infantry, 5->7 Guard, 8->10 Cavalry, 2->0 Guard Cavalry,

32 Heavy ships, 7 Light ships, 12 Galleys and 10 Transports in commission, 8 Heavy ships, 1 Light ship and 8 Galleys in ordinary, 8 Heavy ships and 1 Light ship damaged in the Baltic,

10 Heavy ships, 4 Light ships, 7 Galleys in commission,4 Heavy ships, 1 Light ship and 7 Galleys in ordinary, 2 Heavy ships damaged in the Black Sea,

up to 6 depots, any desired Corps,
Squadrons and Fleets and $37. All Tribal Corps are at full strength, and may be placed in their province of origin if desired. The following leaders are available: Tsitianov (Caucasus) -> Platov 221*D, Buxhowden, Alexander I (R), Bagration and Kutuzov.

-----------------------------------------
AUSTRIA
-------------------------------------------

Corps:
Added HRE I 12I,2C. Not added more HRE corps. Instead Prussia has +5$/+2MP HRE bonus in capital province.
Guard corp 7Gd, 8I, 2C instead 5Gd, 10I, 2Gc.

Fleet:
Added 1 Priv fleet

Holy Roman Emperor:
Austria is the current Holy Roman Emperor. So, in this conversion, Austria has a +1 reaction bonus with any HRE country to reflect this. (as 14.4.7 rule).

Leaders:

New:
Alvintzi 123-C
Ott 322*D
Bellegarde 223B
Kollowrat 123B (used pic of their father which was similar)

Current:
Charles 446A not 246B
Mack 134B not 132A
Schwartzengburg 226B in feb 1810 not 225C

Adapted:
Johann 222B (in EIH is a 112D that evolves in apr 1806 to a 222B, taken as later).

Not added:
Ferdinad 222B because Ott is not removed
Hiller 122D because alvintzi is not removed

SETUP:
16.1.5.1 Austria
75->73 Infantry, 7->9 Guard, 15->17 Cavalry, 2->0 Guard Cavalry, 2 Light ships in commission, up to 7->9 depots, any desired Corps and Squadrons and $33. Both Insurrection Corps begin at full strength but may not be setup on the map. The Tyrol Corps is currently unavailable. The following leaders are available: Alvintzi, Ott, Bellegarde, Johann (R), Kolowrat, Charles (R) and Mack (R).

-------------------------------------
MINORS

Ottoman balcanic provinces as minors:
------------------------------
In EIH 4.0 There are 4 provinces from the ottoman that can be "freed" as minors with (islamic) corps:
Albania,Bosnia, Greece and Serbia.
If free, these provinces do not provide feudal corps, but provide a corp with islamic infantry.
To keep these provinces (when converted as minors) to be "self-economic independent" if these provinces were 1/1 are changed to 2/1 (old: islamic infantry is a $1/2M +1 $ corp it goes 2/2province could suffice. With regular infantry a $4/2MP (3/2 infantry plus 1 corp) is needed.

Tribal corps are converted by regular infantry with the same morale

Albania
-----------
- Albania: Must be created as kingdom in economic phase for any major power except ottoman.
- Corps: EIH 10TI 2.5 morale converted to 10I 2.5 morale. (tribal to regular infantry)
- Minor leader: Ali Pasha 232B Minor leader (is the same as ottoman, but can't be removed from ottoman if albania taken), assumed as a "different leader" :D -> 20
- Added: Relations with major powers.
- Added: Influence/ally
- Province: Changed as a 2/1 province (not 1/1)

Greece
---------
- Greece: Must be createad as kingdom in economic phase for any major power except ottoman
- Corps: 8I 3.0 morale.
- Province: Changed s 2/1 province

Bosnia
-------
- Bosnia: Must be createad as kingdom in economic phase for any major power except ottoman
- Corps: 8I 3.0 morale
- Province: Changed as 2/1 provicnce

Serbia
-------
- Serbia: Must be createad as kingdom in economic phase for any major power except ottoman
- Corps: 8I 3.0 morale
- Province: Already a 2/1 province

North Africa and near east Provinces conversion
These provinces are difficult to mod:
In EIH:
Algeria, Cyrenaica, Morocco, Tripolitania and Tunisia receive one free privateer factor in march naval reinforce phase. It was a $3/1MP bonus the facto or +6$/1 with new rules.
It's very similar to give a +1$ money bonus to their printed province value.

Islamic infantry, Tribal Corps and regular infantry;
The islamic countries have a mix of islamic and tribal infantry (feudal) and start full strenght at start. The tribal in EIH are feudals that can be only used on the minors or in the country that owns that (can't be used in offensive war), and are inexpensive (refill on levy like turkish corps).

Possibilities:
1.- Convert all tribal to regular with same morale. -> Problem: That cavalry is unbuildable after the first conflict (too expensive) and too big numbers.
2.- Create a second corp like the islamic one. This gives more infantry, less cavalry and makes the corp usable on all the map without being too exagerated as huge cav corp. This corps is more "buildable" (at least their infantry), and to sustain similar morale for minor conquest, infantry must be given a +0.5 morale bonus -> The way used

Algeria:
-----------
- Original: EIH islamic infantry 5i/5C 1.0/2.0 and Tribal 10 C /2.0 + I-II 5 Priv
- Corps: I-II islamic infantry 5i/5C 1.5 / 2.0
- Fleet: I-II Priv 5 Lt fleet
- Initial forces: Starts with 14I and 10C and 3 priv (EIH: 9I,5C and 10 TC, and 3 priv)
- Algeria province is a 5/3, not 4/3 to purchase privateers (free in EIH)

Morocco:
-----------
- Original: Islamic infantry 10i/5C 1.0/2.0 and Tribal 10 C /2.0 + 2 Priv:
- Corps: I-II islamic infantry 10i/5C 1.5 / 2.0
- Fleet: I-II Priv 5 Lt fleet
- Leader: (new) Mulay Sliman (R) 321B -> 320 position

- Initial forces: Starts with 10I and 10C and 3 priv (EIH: 5I,5C and 10 TC, and 3 priv)
- Morocco province is a 4/2, not 3/2 to purchase privateers (free in EIH)

Tunisia:
-------------------
- Original: islamic infantry 8i/5C 1.0/2.0 and Tribal 10 C /2.0 + I 5 Priv:
- Corps: I-II islamic infantry 8i/5C 1.5/2.0
- Fleet: I Priv 5 lt fleet
- Initial forces: Starts with 10i, 7C and 3 priv (EIH: 5 Isl I, 2 Isl C and 10 TC)
- Tunisia province is a 4/3, not 3/3 to purchase privateers

Cyrenaica:
-----------
- Original: islamic infantry 5i/5C 1.0/2.5 and Tribal 10 C /2.0 + I 5 Priv
- Corps: I-II islamic infantry 5i/5C 1.5/2.5
- Initial forces: Starts with 8i, 7C and 3 priv (EIH: 5 Isl I*, 3 Isl C* and 10 TC)
* Shared with Tripolitania
- Cyrenaica province is a 2/2, not 1/2 to purchase privateers

Tripolitania:
----------------
- Original: islamic infantry 5i/5C 1.0/2.0 and Tribal 10 C /2.0 + I 5 Priv
- Corps: I-II islamic infantry 5i/5C 1.5/2.0
- Initial forces: Starts with 8i, 7C and 3 priv (EIH: 5 Isl I*, 3 Isl C* and 10 TC)
* Shared with Cyrenaica
- Tripolitania province is a 2/2, not 1/2 to purchase privateers

Egypt
- Original: I-II islamic infantry 18/4C + Mamluke 6 TC 3.0. In 1812 is changed to regular I-II 10I/2C 2.5/3.0 and mamluke 6 Isl C 3.0
- Corps: I-II islamic infantry 18I/4C 1.5/2.5 + Mamluke 6C 3.0
- Fleet: I Hvy 22HS/6LS + I-II Squadron 5LS/5HS + I-II Priv
- Leaders: Added Mehmet Ali 342*C
- Initial forces: Starts with 30i, 14C (EIH: 30 Isl I*, 8 Isl C* and 6 TC)
- Conversion notes: Access to all fleet (not need to form Mamlukes kingdom). No change to regular.

Syria:
------------
- Original: islamic infantry 6i/8C 2.0/2.0 and Tribal 10 C /2.0
- Corps: I-II islamic infantry 6i/8C 2.0/2.0
- Initial forces: Starts with 10i, 10C (EIH: 5I, 5C and 10 TC)

Palestine:
-------------
- Original: Only tribal, 10 TI 2.0
- Corps: I islamic infantry 10i 2.0

Caucasus Corps:
-----------------------------------------------------------
There are 4 provinces in Caucacus that make tribal corps in EIH with morale 2 (3.0 in home territory rule 7.5.2.6.1.1.1)). And these provinces can even form the hipotetical kingdom of Caucasus with trebizond...
- Like North Africa Corps, these are changed by a mix of infantry and cavalry.
So all are 5I,5C 2.5 morale.

Chechnya:
------------
- Original: islamic infantry 2i garrison + Tribal 10I /2.0
- Corps: I infantry 5i/5C 2.5/2.5 (to put partially the +1 morale bonus)
- Initial forces: Starts with 7i, 5C (EIH: 2I, and 10 TI)

Circassia:
------------
- Original: islamic infantry 2i garrison + Tribal 10 C /2.0
- Initial forces: Starts with 7i, 5C (EIH: 2I, and 10 TC)

Georgia:
------------
- Original: islamic infantry 2i garrison + Tribal 10I /2.0
- Initial forces: Starts with 7i, 5C (EIH: 2I, and 10 TI)

Imertia:
------------
- Original: islamic infantry 2i garrison + Tribal 10 C /2.0
- Initial forces: Starts with 7i, 5C (EIH: 2I, and 10 TC)

Northern Europe
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgium
-------
In EIH 4.0 Belgium kingdom is made of Flanders, Liege & Luxembourg and has Two 2.5 morale corps) and can only be made by Austria, Prussia, Spain or Britain.. See Belgium on kingdoms section.
I-II 10I, 2C 2.5/2.5

Holland
--------
Corps: I 12I 2C 2.5/2.5 as in EIH (in game is 2.0/3.0 morale)
Fleets: Corrected II hvy pic (now is hvy fleet, not lt)
Added I-III Squadron (5HS/5LS)
Added I-II Priv (5Ls)

Denmark
-------------

Starting forces: 10 I, 2 C, 13->(opt 17 HS), 7 HS (ord), 6->(opt 8 LS, 3 LS (ord)).
Corps: Denmark I 10I, 2C 2.0/2.0
Fleet: Denmark I Hvy (22HS/3LS) I-III Light (5HS/5LS) I Priv (converted I Gal (20Gal) to III Light
Leaders: Added Fredick VI 112B

Norway
--------------
Corps: Added Norway I 6I,1C (3.0/3.0)

Sweden
--------------
Starting forces: 12 I, 2 C, 10->11 HS, 2 HS (ord), 6 LS, 26 Gal (32 LS)

Corps: Sweden I-III 8I 2C 3.0/4.0 -> No Dalarna 10I 3.5
Fleet: I-II Fleet 22HS/6LS I-III Squadron. Gal I-II converted to IV-V Squadron. +1 Priv
Leaders: Stedink 222C. Dobeln 341D Jan 1808 - 1813 -> Used from start Crown prince 222A (Bernadotte). Aug 1810
Conversion notes: Klingsport 222D converted to finish leader without remove . Dalarna corp removed because added finnish corp

Finland
----------------
Corps: Added 12I 4.0. Avaiable even with K of Sweden.
Leaders: Klingspor as finnish leader.

Italian Minors
-----------------------------

Lombardy:
------------
Corps: Its a 12I/2C not 13I/2C

Naples:
-------------
Corps: I-II 8I/2C 2.0 fixed morale
Fleet: Removed fleets. In EIH are sicilian ones

Sicily
-------------
Corps: Added I 6I 2.0 morale
Fleet: Added I hvy 22/6 I-II Lt I Priv

Papacy:
--------------
Corps: Added I 6I 2.0 morale

Piedmont:
---------------
Corps: Same I-II 8I, 1C 3.0/3.0 Morale

Genoa:
--------------
Fleets: Added I lt Fleet and I Priv Fleet

Sardinia
--------------
Corps: Added I 6I/1C 2.0/3.0

Other Minors:

Portugal:
---------------------------------------
Corps: Changed to two I-II 8I, 2C 2.0/3.0 morale instead of one 15I,2C
Fleets: I Hvy 22/6 fleet plus I-III lt fleet & I priv (added 2 lt and 1 priv fleet)

Switzerland:
-----------------
Corps: Changed to 6I 4.0 morale, not 10I 3.0

HRE Minors:
In EIH all HRE minors have 3.0/4.0 morale,

- Baden: 10I, 2C 3.0 /4.0 (changed from game (8I/2C)
- Bavaria: corps I-II with 10I, 2C (changed from 1 corp 13I/2C) -added Wrede 222C minor general (pic 324)
- Berg: added 5C Corp (there isn't one in current game)
- Hanover: 10I, 2C (not 12I/2C)
- Hesse: 10I, 2C (not 8I, 2C)
- Saxony: corps I-II 10I, 2C (changed from only 1 corp)
- Wurttenburg: 8I,2C (not 6I,2C)
- Wurzburg: added 8I, 2C (there isn't in current game)

Persia
-------------
Persia in EIH is like a Pseudo major that goes war, either with russia, either with ottoman...
Not implemented... -> Persia is not used

I-II 10 TC 2.5
III-IV-V 10 TI 2.0

In EIH 5.2 I-V 6I/4C 2.5/3.0

KINGDOMS
-----------------------------------------

General conversion notes:
- No "kingdom units" as general. If a unit needs a kingdom to be created (like egyptian fleet in mamlukes kingdom) it will be ready in minor (so if you control Egypt, you will have the fleet). This avoid erratic behaviour for computer game if kingdom is dissolved. Exception: Balkans.
- No initial multidistric Sweden, Denmark and Naples (computer doesn't work with alone kingdoms)

North African

Barbary Coast:
---------------
- Who can form: Any major power. +1 Political points
- Required provinces: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia.
- Ottoman bonus: +0.5 morale + ottoman tribute.
- Conversion notes: No tripolitania optional provinces because it conflicts with Libya

Libya
---------------
- Who can form: Any major power. +0 Political points
- Required province: Cyrenaica, Tripolitania
- Ottoman bonus: +0.5 morale + ottoman tribute. -> Added because it can be taken in barbary & mamlukes

Mamlukes
---------------
- Who can form: Any major power. +0 Political points
- Required provinces: Egypt, palestine, Sirya.
- Ottoman bonus: +0.5 morale + ottoman tribute.
- Notes: Egypt fleets do not require kingdom creation.

Ottoman frontiers:

Caucacus
---------------
- Who can form: Russia. Turkey. +1 Political points
- Required provinces: Georgia.Circassia.Chechnya.Imertia.Trabizond.

Balkans:
To avoid Turkey "free" these countries, these are formed as kingdoms

- Who can form: All except Turkey. +0 Political points
- Required provinces: Only 1 (the province needed). Albania, greece, bosnia or serbia.

Northern Europe

Belgium
---------------------
- Who can form: Britain. Spain. Austria. Prussia . +0 Political points
- Required provinces: Flanders. Liege. Luxemburg
- Bonus: Belgium I-II corps become avaiable

Holland
---------------------
This EIH kingdom is Not implemented. Computer game is incompatibe with kingdoms sharing provinces, and collides with Belgium.

K of Denmark
---------------------
- Who can form: Any. +0 Political points
- Required provinces: Denmark. Norway. Holstein.
- Conversion notes: Hamburg cannot be part of denmark (part of C. Rhine). Norway corps is allowed if kingdom is formed (it couldn't be removed, and i prefer the norway corp present) allthouth their morale drops to 2.0 ;)

K of Sweden
-----------------------
- Who can form: Any. +1 political points
- Provinces: Sweden, Finland and S Pommerania.
- Conversion notes: Dalarna corp is not in use, but finland corp is allowed with this kingdom

Poland
------------------
- Who can form: Any. + 1 political points.
- Provinces: Danzig, East Galicia, Lithuania, Podolia, Polesia, Posen, Volhynia, West Prussia, West Galicia, White Russia. At leas Masovia and othe province.

- Conversion notes: In EIH Poland as more corps and guard and good leaders and infantry morale is 3.5, not 4.
- Corps: I-II 14I,4C 3.5/4.0 + Guard 8G,8I,4C (EIH 4Gd,12I, 4Gc )+ Cav 6C
- Leaders: Poniatowski 342A, Kosciuszko 334A,
- Political point gains in poland is +1 for each 3 provinces. Not implementable. Leave as 1PP

Ireland
---------------------------
- Who Can Form. Any country (except britain) can make the kingdom of ireland. Making that, makes avaiable ireland corps.
- Need ireland.

Italian kingdoms

K of Two Sicilies:
- Who can form: Any. +0 political points
- Provinces: Naples, Sicily.

K of Savoy:
- Who can Form: Austria, France, Spain, Britain. +1 PP
- Provinces: Sardinia, Piedmont, Genoa, Savoy.
- Controller bonus: France gets +1 movement with Savoy
- Conversion Notes: Genoa can have their fleet, without need of kingdom. All four provinces are needed (in game, only Sardinia and Piedmont, but this can't be implemented). It's given a +1 PP this kingdom.

K of Italy:
----------------------------
- Who can Form: Austria, France, Spain, Russia. +1PP
- Provinces: Lombardy, Modena, Parma, Romagna, Carinthia, Dalmathia, Venetia.
- Controller bonus: France gets +1 movement if controls K of Italy
- Conversion notes: Genoa is excluded to allow k of Savoy (it can't be shared by two kingdoms in computer). Austria & Spain added (in original EIH Italy can only be formed by France and Russia, and Venice only by Spain Austria and france). There isn't Kingdom of Venetia. In game terms, there is no sense in making a kingdom of italy with only lombardy corps...

K of Venetia:
-------------------
- NOT USED. Game doesn't allow sharing venice for two kingdoms. On the other hand, this kingdom weren't used and the real use was kingdom of italy or venice-lombardy, so no need for that

Ecclesiastic States
-------------------
- NOT USED. No sense in game. (using a 4/2 and 5/1 province for a kingdom with a 6I corp? or to use privateers in rhodes or malta?. )

German States

Various minors
-------------------
NOT USED. Use "free minor" and are all single states.

In EIH the following kingdoms can be created:
Baden **Baden, *Breisgau
Bavaria **Bavaria, *Ansbach, Palatinate, Tyrol, Wurttemburg, Swabia, Wurzburg
Hanover **Hanover, *Munster, Oldenburg
Hesse **Hesse, *Gottingen
Saxony **Saxony, *Lausitz
Westphalia Austria, France **Magdeburg, *Hanover, *Munster, *Hesse, *Gottingen, Mecklenburg, Oldenburg 2
Wurttemburg **Wurttemburg, *Swabia
Wurzburg **Wurzburg, *Thuringia

With the notable difference of middle-steps of Bavaria & Westphalia, all the other are treated like original by freeing the minor (well, without the little 2/1 bonus for adding the province, but there is already a bonus for hre countries...). And These are incompatible with making rhine in computer for sharing provinces. So all these previous steps are off.

Confederation of the Rhine:
----------------------------
- Who can form: Austria, France, Prussia +4 PP
- Territories: **Berg, *Ansbach, *Baden, *Bavaria, *Breisgau, *Gottingen, *Hanover, *Hesse, *Lausitz, *Munster, *Nassau, *Saxony, *Swabia, *Thuringia, *Wurttemburg, *Wurzburg, Hamburg, Magdeburg, Mecklenburg, Oldenburg, Tyrol
- Conversion notes: In EIH Conf of Rhine gives 4 political points, not two. Julich is not part of Confederation of Rhine

Kingdoms depots: NOT IMPLEMENTED (how the hell computer will manage it) -> TEST after
In EIH kingdoms has depots
Barbary Coast 1
Bavaria 1
Belgium 1
Caucasus 1
Denmark 1
Holland 1
Italy 2
Ecclesiastical States 1
Libya 1
Mamlukes 1
Naples 1
Persia 3
Poland 3
Rhine 4
Savoy 1
Saxony 1
Sweden 1
Venetia 1
Westphalia 1

-----------------------
MAP Changes
----------------------

Capitals to adjust major powers
- London is a 30$/11MP (old 30/9) to reflect dominance of GB and, money and manpower bonus from HRE, and minor colonial trade and more expensive infantry purchase. -> Modified

- Ile de France is a 20/4 to reflect dominance of FR (old 10/4)

- Brandenburg is a 11/5 to reflect HRE bonus. (old 6/3)
- Austria is a 16/8 to reflect HRE bonus. (old 11/6)

- Algeria, Cyrenaica, Morocco, Tripolitania and Tunisia got +1$ Money to pay the privateer bonus

- Greece, Albania & Bosnia are 2/1 provinces (not 1/1) to pay their own corps if freed.

North Africa, Naples -> These are changes in EIH

Not converted
------------------
Only Ottoman and Spain can collect manpower from conquered
Algeria, Cyrenaica, Morocco, Tripolitania and Tunisia

Only Ottoman can collect manpower from conquered Syria and Palestine.

These two circumstances are ignored. These countries (with the notable exception of Great Britain) are the usual conquerors of North Africa, and probably these countries will get the most new bonus.

Persia war: Not implemented.
Deviations: No Karelia 1/1 Province between Russia and Finland. No Big hungary 15/5 province (remained as two provinces).

Would be a 5.2 EIH conversion?
Not at this time. Computer game are really far from EIH 5.2 and making a nearer EIH 4.0 is done by a lot of adaptations.

SETUP
16.1.5 Forces Setup
The Major Power’s forces begin with these strengths:
16.1.5.1 Austria
75 Infantry, 7 Guard, 15 Cavalry, 2 Guard Cavalry, 2 Light ships in commission, up to 7 depots, any desired Corps and Squadrons and $33. Both Insurrection Corps begin at full strength but may not be setup on the map. The Tyrol Corps is currently unavailable. The following leaders are available: Alvintzi, Ott, Bellegarde, Johann (R), Kolowrat, Charles (R) and Mack (R).
16.1.5.2 Britain
20 Infantry, 4 Cavalry, 76 Heavy ships, 57 Light ships and 5 Transports in commission, 24 Heavy ships and 18 Light ships in ordinary, 12 Heavy ships and 6 Light ships damaged, up to 2 depots, any desired Corps, Squadrons and Fleets and $25. British Overseas Fleet (5.1.6): 5 Heavy ships, 15 Light ships. The following leaders are available: York (R), Dundas, Nelson, Moira and Chatham.
16.1.5.3 France
135 Infantry, 6 Guard, 17 Cavalry, 2 Guard Cavalry, 46 Heavy ships, 22 Light ships and 20 Transports in commission, 10 Heavy ships and 6 Light ships in ordinary, 8 Heavy ships and 4 Light ships damaged, up to 6 depots, any desired Corps, Squadrons and Fleets and $45. The following leaders are available: Napoleon (R), Desaix, Murat, Davout, Massena, Soult, Lannes, Ney and Mortier.
16.1.5.4 Ottoman
20 Janissary, 50 Islamic Infantry, 4 Islamic Cavalry, 2 Guard Cavalry, 12 Heavy ships, 16 Light ships, 2 Galleys and 10 Transports in commission, 4 Heavy ships, 4 Light ships and 4 Galleys in ordinary, 4 Heavy ships and 4 Light ships damaged, up to 4 depots, any desired Corps, Squadrons and Fleets and $11. All Tribal are at full strength, and may be placed in their province of origin if desired. Feudal Corps are also at full strength, though only garrisons may be placed on the map. The following leaders are available: Grand Vizier, Abdurrahman, Selim II (R), Hakki, Husrev and Khurshid.
16.1.5.5 Prussia
80 Infantry, 3 Guard, 15 Cavalry, 2 Guard Cavalry, no ships, up to 5 depots, any desired Corps and $18. The following leaders are available: Hohenlohe, F.Wilhelm III (R), Louis Fred. (R) and Brunswick.
16.1.5.6 Russia
75 Infantry, 5 Guard, 8 Cavalry, 2 Guard Cavalry, 32 Heavy ships, 7 Light ships, 12 Galleys and 10 Transports in commission, 8 Heavy ships, 1 Light ship and 8 Galleys in ordinary, 8 Heavy ships and 1 Light ship damaged in the Baltic, 10 Heavy ships, 4 Light ships, 7 Galleys in commission, 4 Heavy ships, 1 Light ship and 7 Galleys in ordinary, 2 Heavy ships damaged in the Black Sea, up to 6 depots, any desired Corps, Squadrons and Fleets and $37. All Tribal Corps are at full strength, and may be placed in their province of origin if desired. The following leaders are available: Tsitianov (Caucasus), Buxhowden, Alexander I (R), Bagration and Kutuzov.
16.1.5.7 Spain
43 Infantry, 6 Cavalry, 41 Heavy ships, 25 Light ships and 10 Transports in commission, 16 Heavy ships and 10 Light ships in ordinary, 10 Heavy ships and 12 Light ships damaged, up to 4 depots, any desired Corps, Squadrons and Fleets and $16. Spanish Overseas Fleet (5.1.5): 10 Light ships. The following leaders are available: Caro, Godoy, La Romana and Castanos.

----------------------------------------------------
INITIAL SETUP IN EIH
----------------------------------------------------

16.1.5.8 Minor Countries and Kingdoms
The Major Powers control the following Kingdoms and minor countries:
Austria: Dalmatia and Venetia as Conquered minor countries.
France: Holland, Kingdom of Italy (Lombardy, Modena, Romagna, Parma) as Client State minor country, Flanders, Genoa, Hanover, Julich, Leige, Luxemburg, Palatinate, Piedmont, Savoy and Switzerland as Conquered minor countries, Breisgau and Baden as Influenced minor countries.
Britain: home nation provinces of: England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Gibraltar and Malta as Conquered minor countries.
Prussia: Kingdom of Saxony (Saxony, Lausitz) as Client State minor countries, Ansbach, Danzig, Gottingen as Conquered minor countries, Berg, Thuringia, and Wurzburg as Ally minor countries.
Russia: Corfu as a Conquered minor country, Georgia as Ally minor country.
Spain: Tuscany as Conquered minor country, Kingdom of Naples (Naples, Sicily) as Ally minor countries, Portugal and Morocco as Influenced minor countries. In addition, Spain has unconditional access rights to Cueta in Morocco.
Ottoman: Syria as Client State minor countries, Palestine, Rhodes as Conquered minor countries, Algeria, Imeretia as Ally minor country, Tunisia and Kingdom of Libya (Tripolitania and Cyrenaica) as Influenced minor countries.
In addition, the Kingdom of Denmark (comprising Denmark, Norway and Holstein), and the Kingdom of Sweden (comprising Sweden, Finland, and S. Pommerania) are in existence.

EASY FIXES that could improve the MOD a lot.
1.- Minor leader placement-> Game doesn't allow minor leader placement without a dummy leader.
2.- Militia purchase for minor -> Game doesn't allow a minor and a kingdom to buy militia
3.- Leader removes -> Some leaders should Leave and there isn't leader removal.
Daniel Amieiro

RE: EIH Mod in progress

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

To All&Pzrgnrl:

- Minor leaders can be putted in map if there is a "major leader" present. So to put a minor leader you should add the major leader, then the minor leader, then assign the minor leader, then remove the major leader. This is a Bug and should be corrected ;) -> DEVS, please, it should be easy.

- Minor leaders seems to be putted ok by computer when you attack a minor.

- There are 440 units. .GED file tells me that only 540. So, if i'm correct it could put a hard limit on garrisons (no more that 100 garrisons on map which is taken really early). DEVS -> Could the unit limit be more?...

- I put the alpha to show the developers other kind of data that can be implemented. For example are basibozuks added (turkish cossacks)

- It was added a new naval commander for France -> I do not know what in the hell would work. -> DEVS -> try it :)

- It should be viable to put militia on minors if the corp has militia (for example to mimic islamic infantry) or even to collect feudals to make some tribal or for Poland (The only non major that builds militia). There are fields in data file that could be used to mimic these. DEVS -> Please, this should be easy. If a country has a corp with militia, then it should be ok to built militia in that country even as a garrison.

- resizing kingdoms or at least some revision to the algorithm that creates kingdoms. It's impossible to make kingdoms like in EIH in germans or resizing poland or sweden or CRhine. -> DEVS -> Kingdoms is a strategic part, should be reviewed all this module with time and calm ;).

- I have put on EIH mod folder the rules i have used. When i have a problem for not being capable of using a 4.0 rule i used de 5.1

- Lots of pic changed: Mostly from wikipedia. I think the mod has better look ;). Please some work here for forum artists ;)

- To put things even Ahead, complex combat chits are used. I think the AI selecting chits should change. I would propose that computer should evaluate what chit is better. One way should be that computer should make some "tests combats" (for example playing 100 theorethycal combats with avaiable chits) and choose their best result or withdraw if no one fits vs their opponent

Daniel Amieiro

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

Personal notes:

- I have make this MOD for fun. Fun as a player and fun as computer engineer for the challenge.

- I like to press the game engine to advance one step forward. I'm trying to give some input data to test with the engine and that developers should test -> Devs: Try with France.. ;) and check current engine with the mod.

- Take this "as an alpha". All comments and bugs that i can fix i will try to correct as soon as i can :).
timolang63

Post by timolang63 »

Daniel, that is excellent work. I wrote some of the EiH 5.0 mods a long time ago (along with Mike Treasure) so very much appreciate all your hard work.

I am new to the matrix game engine though, and I can't get PBEM to work (I have trouble getting setup files to work). I'd be willing to help you play test if you'd be willing to get me up to speed on PBEM process.
Daniel Amieiro

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

Hi!

I have no time for PBEM and i'm not a developer, only a modder :)

I have seen EIH up to 5.2.

The main issue of this mod is that the game engine imposes a limit on number of units, counting garrisons as units. In this mod, with nearly 400 chits, game doesn't allow to put on map more than 80 garrisons which is very little-

I would like to now, too, what were the fleet philosophy. If you were a EIH writer i do not know if privateers have sense and remove a lot of fleet counters i have put. I read a 5.2 version and seems not to have a lot of playtest and it does a lot of fleet changes..

On the other hand, i'm working on my own mod based on engine limitations (not able to make countries with common provinces, no more than 300 chits). I have talk then on Marshall Ellis and there aren't trivial (will need change savegames in case of units). Wainting for devs to know how to Orientate my work
timolang63

Post by timolang63 »

Thank you for the reply.

Well, you have to remember the EiH 5.0 was written for Vassal or Cyberboard, so counters are theoretically unlimited.

After playtesting, we decided that overseas boxes (other than U.S. trade), privateers and some of the more extensive unit changes from unusual Kingdom combinations were not worth the time and effort. We did like Kingdom and even some minor leaders, as some major powers do not have leaders to spare.

That is a good question on garrisons -- maybe you could simply make garrisons abstract? i.e. units always have to assault cities and the garrison amount = # of spires? That would require at least a small Corps to take a city, but a 1-factor Corps would be too small.

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”