Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with cargo ops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Help with cargo ops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with cargo ops - 8/10/2018 12:23:51 AM   
rmunie0613

Trying to finish a scenario that should have been done at the beginning of summer, running into one small issue.
The C-5 aircraft, and those a/c able to carry armored vehicles and heavy cargo in general, cannot "drop" it of course...is there any other way to bring it in...right now it seems the on ly method is the old workaround of Star Trek style teleporting, but that seems ridiculous with cargo working.
I thought of making an invisible airfield to land the cargo, but then it still is not available to deploy and fight ..becoming simply cargo available at the new base...still needing some a/c capable of carrying it out of there.

As an alternative, could there be "trucks" or "trains" added with cargo capacity? :)

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Help with cargo ops - 8/10/2018 12:51:49 AM   
Whicker

there is an issue with cargo planes landing at a multi-unit air field - the cargo will unload and disappear. If you land your c5 at a single unit airfield it should work fine - the single unit airfield will take possession of the cargo shortly after the plane lands, then you will see the cargo listed on the airfield, right click the airfield and unload cargo and it will deploy on/around the airfield.

I believe this is fixed/being fixed and should work on a multi unit airfield shortly. Unfortunately it missed the last .10 update. Search on here for cargo disappears and you will find a couple recent posts about the multi unit airfield bit.

(in reply to rmunie0613)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with cargo ops - 8/10/2018 10:13:19 AM   
Gunner98

quote:

Star Trek style teleporting, but that seems ridiculous with cargo working

I wouldn't dismiss teleport as an option. It has some advantages (and disadvantages) that Cargo doesn't have:

-The designer can name and modify the units as he wants and have them show up organized for battle
-The Cargo function doesn't (yet) have the full gamut of equipment so unless you want to use the representational ones presented (fine in most cases), teleport is a good option
-One of the main disadvantages of teleport is that a crafty player will hunt around the map to see what is hidden on the other side of the world. You can get around that by having the units waiting on a different 'side' not allied with the player, then change their side when you teleport them.

You're other option is to 'Lua' them in. This is ideal for many of the things we used to use teleport for. I would say that unless you want to modify the unit (add sensors, weapons or ammo) this should be the way to go. You can do all that with Lua but I find it easier just to use teleport.

So you have three methods: Cargo, Lua & Teleport - I use all three depending on the situation and what I'm trying to achieve. It's not a ground game so there isn't a lot of payoff trying to force one solution when another is a better fit.

B

Check out our upcoming novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!

http://northernfury.bhgdesigns.com/index.php

And our blog:

http://northernfury.bhgdesigns.com/blog

(in reply to rmunie0613)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with cargo ops - 8/12/2018 7:34:41 PM   
rmunie0613

Thank you both for the replies.
Some interesting options, I will look at those.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Help with cargo ops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI