Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invisible Target with many Flak guns in Avalanche- bug or feature?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Invisible Target with many Flak guns in Avalanche- bug or feature? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invisible Target with many Flak guns in Avalanche- bug ... - 8/9/2018 3:31:38 AM   
boogabooga

This happens in Operation Avalanche in BTR-

Two days after the allies invade the toe of Italy, I sent all 4 B-25 groups together against Foggia railyard. In an open (?!) area southeast of Naples, far from any target but near where the front line would be (actually probably on the allied side), I start taking flak hits. A LOT of flak hits. What the heck? Turns out, the flak slaughters the formation. I lose 50-60 B-25s, or about half of the force! I would accept it, if I overflew a defended target, but I was careful to keep my waypoints away from anything major.

Is this a bug, or some kind of feature? Do the defenders have a way to build up a huge hidden flak trap? I've played as the Germans, and I am unaware of any way to do this. Does it represent friendly fire? Or an abstract Vesuvius eruption? I have the saved scenario that causes this, if anyone is interested.
Post #: 1
RE: Invisible Target with many Flak guns in Avalanche- ... - 8/14/2018 1:01:39 PM   
simovitch

After running your saved game through our dev tools it appears that your B25's flew directly over a "road junction" at 7500' packed with 88's and 105's. Other road junctions exists throughout the map but it appears to be random, turn by turn because the next turn that particular junction did not show up but others did.
These junctions also had variable amounts of FlaK and balloons, so I'm guessing this represents the constant movement and shuffling of AA assets by the German AI and something to watch out for!

simovitch

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 2
RE: Invisible Target with many Flak guns in Avalanche- ... - 8/15/2018 3:15:58 AM   
boogabooga

The Germans are probably moving all of their flak out of Southern Italy as they are running from the Eighth Army, which just invaded.

Interesting that road junctions are modeled. I did not know that, and I didn't see anything in the manual. Too bad that they can't be targeted, like the rest of the game assets.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Invisible Target with many Flak guns in Avalanche- bug or feature? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI