Soviet Mot. Inf Co. in FCRS scenarios

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

KungPao

Soviet Mot. Inf Co. in FCRS scenarios

Post by KungPao »

Hi
I noticed that Soviets Mot Infantry Companies (BMP) in most of the FCRS scenarios are lack of anti-tank fire power. They are equipped with BMP-1D or BMP-2D, which do not have ATGM tube. And the BMP Inf Co. is not reinforced with ATGM assets.

In FPG scenario meeting of titan you will see a Soviet BMP Co. equipped with 13 BMP-2m, that is 13 AT-5, the Co. has an extra AT-5 team on foot. It has a lot of anti-tank fire power.

But it is very unusually for Soviets in FCRS to have such a impressive firepower. Dawn's first light, the BMP Bn from 40GTR equipped with BMP-1D. 3rd Red Banner Slam, 248Gds MRR has BMP-2D. Black Horse, 17GTR has BMP-2D plus one reinforced SPG-9 RCL, well, it is better than nothing.
So, they can only guarantee to kill a tank in less than 200m, with hand hold RPG-18. That makes them useless in most of the situation unless in a urban fight or reverse slope defense.

Just curious on why these scenarios are designed this way.

I can only remember in 3 FCRS scenarios BMP inf Co. are equipped with BMP-1m or BMP-2m, Time to Dance, Eyes, Ears and Teeth and 3rd Herd.

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
CapnDarwin

RE: Soviet Mot. Inf Co. in FCRS scenarios

Post by CapnDarwin »

I know Steve is busy and I will pass along this post. The simple answer is scenario designer choice. Making a scenario fit a narrative. Steve did all of the Red Storm scenarios. The Germany Reforged scenarios were rebuilt by Charles on our team and they are as closely matched to the original Flashpoint Germany work. So there are different designers and different takes on the action. In the end it's all about enjoying the game. [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Mad Russian

RE: Soviet Mot. Inf Co. in FCRS scenarios

Post by Mad Russian »

Nice of Jim to give me the credit for all the scenarios in the game. The truth is that I did do 'most' of them.

Those scenarios were created multiple updates ago. When they were created the BMP's were all models with ATGM's. Over the course of time and multiple updates that may have changed.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”