Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OCT 41 Sapper nerf in recent patches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: OCT 41 Sapper nerf in recent patches Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OCT 41 Sapper nerf in recent patches - 8/7/2018 9:41:17 PM   
xhoel

I tend to play the game without overloading AGN, but that depends on the players strategy.

Again we can both choose certain AARs that have gone this way or the other and which would prove your point or mine. It doesn't matter.

I'm very sure that you will not change your mind on things, I'm just saying that you should keep in mind that there are other players that play this game that don't have the same expertise as you or some of the experienced Axis/Soviet commanders. To me, since I have not yet reached the kind of level that you or the other experts have, the game doesn't seem to be so stacked against the Soviets but seems balanced. I hope other Axis players that have a similar experience level as I do, would also share their opinions on the matter whatever they are. It would be good for all of us, and for morvael and Dennis too, to know where people stand on certain points so that the future patches are not a nerf for this side or the other but keep/restore the balance of gameplay.

I am all for a balanced game that is both challenging and fun for both sides and which rewards strategic thinking and efficient ways of operations.

I apologize for hijacking the thread, since I got out of topic but thought it would be better to engage you here than in the other posts that you have made.

Cheers,
Xhoel

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 31
RE: OCT 41 Sapper nerf in recent patches - 8/13/2018 11:29:42 PM   
GamesaurusRex

Regarding the Grand Campaign Scenario game balance...
1) The current state of the game requires boosting the initial Russian MORALE setting at the outset in order to get a "level playing field". (How much depends on the players.)
2) The Russian "+1 attack" mode is required, if you expect the Russians to achieve any significant number of "Guards" units.
3) If you are playing the game without the "extreme blizzard"... then you are NOT playing a simulation of the historical event.

All of this can be done through adjusting the initial game settings.
(Just my opinion after playing this thing repeatedly for 5 years.)

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 32
RE: OCT 41 Sapper nerf in recent patches - 8/15/2018 3:46:40 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: GamesaurusRex

1) The current state of the game requires boosting the initial Russian MORALE setting at the outset in order to get a "level playing field". (How much depends on the players.)
2) The Russian "+1 attack" mode is required, if you expect the Russians to achieve any significant number of "Guards" units.
3) If you are playing the game without the "extreme blizzard"... then you are NOT playing a simulation of the historical event.

I can make the Russians work without the +1. But for the game as a whole for other players I believe it is necessary but really should end before blizzard as I first posted in another post. The +1 in blizzard is over the top.

(in reply to GamesaurusRex)
Post #: 33
RE: OCT 41 Sapper nerf in recent patches - 8/15/2018 12:58:40 PM   
xhoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: GamesaurusRex

I can make the Russians work without the +1. But for the game as a whole for other players I believe it is necessary but really should end before blizzard as I first posted in another post. The +1 in blizzard is over the top.

+1

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: OCT 41 Sapper nerf in recent patches Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI