Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: T9

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: T9 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: T9 - 8/17/2018 12:34:01 PM   
chaos45

@EwaldvonKleist

please fully read my comment- I specifically state- "I dont think it is massively so but just enough that players of equal skill will jade the game in the Germans favor."

Also Im not advocating for every single german nerf and soviet buff in my comments. I'm proposing them as options to the patch team to help adjust to get a more balanced situation.

Fixing the bugged issues- soviet digging, Experience gain, and civilian labor will give the soviets some assistance alone. To me the next choice is then to make scenario modifications- which would not affect non-top tier players anyway as they cant pull off the super lvov...these alone I think would help to balance things alot better.

Then the second question is how far does the team want to go...if no scenario modifications and you want to keep super fast well supplied germans then you need to add more soviet buffs IMO. If your willing to slow the german advance more then no more soviet buffs are needed.

So its something for the patch team to decide on. To me the soviet bug fixes and scenario change are the least invasive fixes and see how it plays out with just that--as the scenario change will not hinder the new players at all. Also they need to fix Flak lol but its not huge in displacing balance just an annoyance for both sides.

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 151
RE: T9 - 8/17/2018 12:41:07 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

I have to agree with with post #149 by Telemecus. This is pretty much to the point and I think the game is pretty well balanced as it is. I would NOT start going back into the system and change things. I would look at the underlying problem that caused the whole situation.

I know everyone is missing a very KEY ingredient here. That is the action of doing HQ swaps with HQ's with full supply/fuel and attaching the PZ's to them when their current HQ runs dry.. I believe this was used in this game between beender and Chaos45 to throw it out of whack. Hell, I used two in my last game against M60. Otherwise I would not have been able to do what I did. The supply system is pretty restrictive on resupplying the Panzers noting that it took multiple turns for the Panzers to refuel when I was playing my last game against M60. I can not confirm or deny the fact that this was done in this game with beender and chaos45 but if you look at the pictures you can see the tell tale signs. I venture to say that these HQ swaps is the major culprit if not the sole culprit for why this game went out of whack. If beender and chaos45 played again with a house rule of no HQ swaps I would bet you 100% the results would not be what you see in this AAR right now and would be more in-line with everyone's else games.

“If you teach a man anything, he will never learn.”;

Bernard Shaw

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 152
RE: T9 - 8/17/2018 3:57:06 PM   
chaos45

Not sure HQ swaps really explains the situation in the south--thus my opinion of for now patch should fix soviet bugs identified and the flak bug and do the slight scenario change then see how things play out as the #1 choice.

The other things may need looked at...Im pretty leery of the northern re-rail in all honesty as having rail all the way to/past moscow before blizzard seems a tad to quick.

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 153
RE: T9 - 8/17/2018 4:36:56 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaos45

Not sure HQ swaps really explains the situation in the south--thus my opinion of for now patch should fix soviet bugs identified and the flak bug and do the slight scenario change then see how things play out as the #1 choice.

The other things may need looked at...Im pretty leery of the northern re-rail in all honesty as having rail all the way to/past moscow before blizzard seems a tad to quick.

The Germans have always been able to get rail to Moscow before blizzard.

Bernard Shaw

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 154
RE: T9 - 8/17/2018 6:01:52 PM   
chaos45

I guess im just not used to the Germans getting past Moscow lol.

Post #: 155
RE: T9 - 8/17/2018 6:32:25 PM   
beender

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

I have to agree with with post #149 by Telemecus. This is pretty much to the point and I think the game is pretty well balanced as it is. I would NOT start going back into the system and change things. I would look at the underlying problem that caused the whole situation.

I know everyone is missing a very KEY ingredient here. That is the action of doing HQ swaps with HQ's with full supply/fuel and attaching the PZ's to them when their current HQ runs dry.. I believe this was used in this game between beender and Chaos45 to throw it out of whack. Hell, I used two in my last game against M60. Otherwise I would not have been able to do what I did. The supply system is pretty restrictive on resupplying the Panzers noting that it took multiple turns for the Panzers to refuel when I was playing my last game against M60. I can not confirm or deny the fact that this was done in this game with beender and chaos45 but if you look at the pictures you can see the tell tale signs. I venture to say that these HQ swaps is the major culprit if not the sole culprit for why this game went out of whack. If beender and chaos45 played again with a house rule of no HQ swaps I would bet you 100% the results would not be what you see in this AAR right now and would be more in-line with everyone's else games.

Nah we talked about this issue pretty early during the game. Chaos explained to me what it is and I doubted whether it's practical as a trick. In any case I didn't use it.

Post #: 156
RE: T9 - 8/17/2018 7:27:50 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: beender

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

Nah we talked about this issue pretty early during the game. Chaos explained to me what it is and I doubted whether it's practical as a trick. In any case I didn't use it.

Then you staggard your PZ's and did HQ buildups to keep the ball rolling? In either case if you did not use the HQ switch then there needs to be a bigger nerf to German supply as Chaos45 said. I know when I played last I stripped the panzers of everything so HQ BU's were cheaper and they still were costly at that.

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/17/2018 7:37:56 PM >

Bernard Shaw

(in reply to beender)
Post #: 157
RE: T9 - 8/17/2018 7:46:00 PM   
beender

Yeah this I did. Rotate panzerkorps and build up them whenever it's cost-effective.

Post #: 158
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: T9 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI