Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario For Testing: Turning The Tables (1992)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario For Testing: Turning The Tables (1992) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario For Testing: Turning The Tables (1992) - 8/3/2018 2:20:21 PM   
Coiler12

(NOTE: This requires the 998.10 update from here to function, and one of them has aircraft damage and thus requires Chains of War).

A little scenario I made, where I thought "what if I turned the tables and had an an American formation labor under total enemy air superiority with only its ground defenses to protect itself?" You control the enemy. Right now it's in a rough first draft with no scoring and less detail. Versions with and without aircraft damage included.

EDIT: Update 1 posted, see below for details.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Coiler12 -- 8/15/2018 3:56:03 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario For Testing: Turning The Tables (1992) - 8/3/2018 8:27:09 PM   
Gunner98

Nice little scenario.

My Kingdom for a recon bird!

The big threat was the Patriot but did a squeeze play on him and he ate a load of cluster bombs he didn't see coming. Those bloody Stingers on the other hand were a royal PITA. Had to do squeeze plays on each of the radars because - My other kingdom for an ELINT Bird!

Lost 3 Corsairs and 4 Tiger Sharks, all trying to find the stingers.

Once most of those were gone and I figured out my ammo to target issues - grr wasted a bunch, things went well.

Suggestions:
-Run the game for a few seconds so the marker (tents) shows up at start
-Or you could put the tents as non-auto-detect and put 4 markers (on a different side and visible) outlining a large target area
-Drop it down to 12 hrs. The Corsairs and Sharks will get a second run in but the Varks will get one run only. They are blind as bats anyway and by the time they are ready the other are out of ammo and back at base. The bad guys just wave at them when they fly by.
-The lack of eyes is a real encumbrance but understandable. You could put a special action in which costs the player points but gives him something to see with - a bit of a challenge adjuster.

Good fun

B

Check out our upcoming novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour! http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to Coiler12)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario For Testing: Turning The Tables (1992) - 8/15/2018 3:56:36 PM   
Coiler12

Update 1 posted, contains scoring and Gunner98's suggestions. I chose a slightly unconventional recon aircraft for the time period-let's just say it's a classic.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario For Testing: Turning The Tables (1992) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI