I Stink

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

demyansk

I Stink

Post by demyansk »

Wow, playing as Allies against computer. Getting whipped!! Lost Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad, I stink but still fighting on.
BillRunacre

RE: I Stink

Post by BillRunacre »

Good to hear, don't give up, and in your next game you'll no doubt do a whole lot better! [:)]
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
DeriKuk

Post by DeriKuk »

demyansk, why are your Soviets so weak?

I can give you a good reason that starts from an unfortunate design choice in the scenario:

You probably - as the Western Allies - opted to a) Ban the Communist Deputies and b) Help the Fins.

While these are historical events that actually alienated the Soviets, IN THE GAME they serve to destroy the Soviet chances at effectively building up their MPP levels before Barbarossa. No Allied player who is aware of this will ever choose "YES" on either of theses events. They may prolong the French agony for a turn or two, but they will cost you the Eastern Front.

For Bill: I had suggested that the effects of the options be changed as follows - after uncoupling them from Soviet production (via low diplomacy):

a) If the French ban the Communist Deputies, the outside effect should be to have the Spanish (Franco) swing closer to the Allied cause - about he same as an effective diplomacy chit.

b) If the Allies REFUSE to help the Fins. it may accelerate the Italian diplomatic support for the Axis cause.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Update, Axis pushed far eastward and near my oilfields. I think it might be soon but I am progressing in north Africa,however, Turkey just went Axis. Only thing left in north Africa is Libya and Egypt. Maybe I could land in France, it's summer 1943. If ussr falls not sure where the game will go
DeriKuk

Post by DeriKuk »

Land at Cuxhaven. It blocks the Kiel Canal, is close to Berlin, you avoid all of the junk in France, and the AI is generally quite casual in its response. This is
definitely not historical. It's a [current] flaw in the scenario... but you need all the help you can get.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks deri, my entire strategy is non historical, funny though, AI is not that bad

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”