new options ?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Rodimstev

new options ?

Post by Rodimstev »

Hi all,

i want just to send this post, to explain my deception.

in my MP game i am in march 45, i play soviet and my troops are near to Berlin.

My opponent, has realized several organized retreats. few encerclements, few losses but in march 45, he has 3.5 millions soldiers..

the front is just a little square west/north of Berlin, in this area, the germans defend very well with panzer and elite troops.

So how to explain that in this situation, the germans can hold again and again?

My numerical superiority is not a advantage because the front is too short.

so how to finish it ??????

KR
Rodim
"l'audace encore de l'audace toujours de l'audace" Danton devant l'assemblée nationale 20 septembre 1792.
Aufklaerungs

RE: new options ?

Post by Aufklaerungs »

Cut all rail connection from his resources and factories to his permanent supply sources at Magdeburg, Linz and Königsburg. Without adequate supply, he will eventually have to surrender/shatter.
Aufklärungs
Rodimstev

Post by Rodimstev »

hi Auflaerungs,

i think i control all this cities….see below
"l'audace encore de l'audace toujours de l'audace" Danton devant l'assemblée nationale 20 septembre 1792.
MarauderPL

Post by MarauderPL »

That is a lot of units :D Maybe concentrate artillery in one spot? And storm the city multiple times, it should fall sooner or later.
timmyab

Post by timmyab »

Magdeburg is still under Axis control in that screenshot.
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

I think you need to capture or isolate Magdeburg (1,59)/SS Stack 1=52, marked with star... to win.
Aufklärungs

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”