Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
crispy131313

Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy

Post by crispy131313 »

Insert shameless hype thread here. I've been eagerly anticipating a new AAR and holding off starting any new match in it's wake. Hopefully this can start the itch for KZ to begin [:D]

In the bad guy corner:
KorutZelva had made short work of his only previous Fall Weiss II AAR opponent, knocking him into submission by September of 1940. However it's been a long time out of this sandbox, will KZ have what it takes to remain undefeated? KZ will have to remember to throw the vanilla cookie recipe out the window if he wants to continue his success.

In the good guy corner:

Crispy for his part has tripped over his own laces in 3 of 4 AAR matches but after finally finding time to play the game (and not just mod it) he is confident that his Axis opponent will throw down his weapons as the Allies knock down the doors on Berlin.

With new victory conditions, this match should go the distance. Hopefully any perceived advantage I may have is extinguished by that awful record [;)]

Any bets? [8D]

Attachments
kcaar1.jpg
kcaar1.jpg (77.47 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

room

RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy

Post by room »

What are the new victory conditions?
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

The new victory conditions are seen below.

Attachments
BD2953B87D..B6BE281B.jpg
BD2953B87D..B6BE281B.jpg (47 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

CrIsPyMaN, cOmE OuT To pLaY-I-Ay! cRiSpYmAn, CoMe oUt tO PlAy-i-aY! CrIsPyMaN, cOmE OuT To pLaY-I-Ay! cRiSpYmAn, CoMe oUt tO PlAy-i-aY! CrIsPyMaN, cOmE OuT To pLaY-I-Ay!
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Sorry for the millions of fans at home, there's a little delay! I can't get the scenario to see the campaign.ini file (while it very much in the folder!). Without it we can't see the custom units for the scenario. We have Crispy on the case so it should be resolved soon.
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

The new victory conditions are seen below.

Interestingly, the button for the victory condition is greyed out. Does it need the campaign.ini file to work?
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

ok, we're ready to go!

As per usual in a KZ AAR, I'll be trying something I haven't tried before. Given that crispy is 1-3, I might be able to get away with some riskier 'trick shot'. [:D] I have a couple of ideas in mind...
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

So, what was the technical problem?
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

I had saved the campaign in the community pack folder over the 9.1 version instead of the appropriate spot within the /My Games folder. [:o]
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

[:D][:D][;)]
[:-]
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 8, 1939

KZ takes minimal losses with his advance towards Warsaw. Interestingly German Paratroopers deploy early and under strength. The Allies take notice that Germany is delivering aid to Franco during war time and after careful deliberation, the UK has invoked the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance, which has driven Franco towards the Axis. The British have also delivered additional anti-aircraft weaponry to Malta should war soon spread into the Mediterranean.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (155.93 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Germany conquers Poland in two turns. Polish border units are easier to isolate than in the base game as their cavalry division are made more brittle.

Germany starts a couple diplomatic fires via event but keeps its diplochits in reserve. The Axis initial mpp were spent in tech instead.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 22, 1939

Germany has tipped it's hat towards both Spain and Greece without yet deciding where to invest it's diplomatic chits. Both nations are clearly within reach (Greece only needs to be Axis leaning in Fall 40' for an opportunity to join the Axis). On the battlefield French fighters sortie along the Belgium/German border to ensure the Germans are not positioned to strike Belgium in the fall of 1939.

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (126.5 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

The USSR accepted the revised border treaty... which seems to rarely happen these days.
Denmark conquered by bombing+paradrop as is the Korut Zelva way.

Italy gets offered to expand its aeronautical industry. The assets offered is quite a haul but this would cripple its cashflow for 40 turns and hurt standing unit refitting. The planes would also probably be underteched from lack of money for research. Pass.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

November 1939

The Allies have begun Operation Wilfred to capture Oslo and secure Norway. The operation was hasted by the early German invasion of Denmark after fears that our planned invasion could be thwarted by German paratroopers operating ahead of us from occupied Denmark. We had hoped to knock out the Oslo port but luck (and possibly time) was not on our side.

Finland is also invaded by USSR this turn.

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (137.98 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Very innovative and well executed! The funny thing is that I didn't intend to invade Norway in this game. Poor Norwegians can't catch a break it seems! [:D] Shouldn't impact German income too much (because of the ease to interdict it for the allies) but the UK will be swimming in mpps and plunder money. I don't like that one bit! [:'(]
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

December 1940

The Allied occupation of Norway is complete. British and German fleets engaged in the Skagerrak Sea between Norway and Denmark, Germany exchanged a Battle Cruiser for a Destroyer. Germany may have been trying to fight though to the Oslo Port to reinforce the capital, but it is not certain. Finland and Sweden are alerted after the occupation of Norway and swing towards the Axis.

Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (149.26 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

Very innovative and well executed! The funny thing is that I didn't intend to invade Norway in this game. Poor Norwegians can't catch a break it seems! [:D] Shouldn't impact German income too much (because of the ease to interdict it for the allies) but the UK will be swimming in mpps and plunder money. I don't like that one bit! [:'(]

Thank you, I am very happy to have pulled it off. I have not seen it attempted before.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

An allied conquest disrupts Axis morale so Germany conquers Luxembourg to counter this effect.

Norway conquest also hurts allied diplomatic standing. Interestingly, it does so after the country is conquered rather than at war declaration. The allies also gets the free garrison Germany gets when conquering Norway. In the base game, you only get those only through the base Germany decision not conquest itself.

With so much UK naval assets used in the Norwegian invasion, Germany uses the opportunity to siege the Canadian convoy port under 5 supply.
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Feb 10, 1941

I accepted Italy decision in selling aircrafts to Sweden. In the notes to that decision one of the aircraft is missing a t. :) One of the main appeal of this mod is that the decision and notes level of language gel with the rest of the default game decision. Rare typo aside, I will say that they are often better written even!

Germany march into the Netherlands.

Return to “After Action Reports”