PW data error

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DOCUP

PW data error

Post by DOCUP »

I'm getting a PW data on a clean install. I have looked at my destination and it seems correct. Can someone help me. Please

Chris21wen

RE: PW data error

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

I'm getting a PW data on a clean install. I have looked at my destination and it seems correct. Can someone help me. Please

Do you have Beta installed
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

I too am experiencing same issue. I am trying to set up many of the various mods available, each under a clean install. I know this can be done because I have them under a different file each. I am trying to reorganize to make things simpler and know that due to protection issues I just can't copy them and a clean install is necessary for each. I have applied the official update and then the beta patch but am running into the PW data issues.

Buck
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

I too am experiencing same issue. I am trying to set up many of the various mods available, each under a clean install. I know this can be done because I have them under a different file each. I am trying to reorganize to make things simpler and know that due to protection issues I just can't copy them and a clean install is necessary for each. I have applied the official update and then the beta patch but am running into the PW data issues.

Buck

It's been awhile, but I recall that with the betas you have to use the new shortcut included in the Beta sub-folder that is created when you apply the beta patch. That one points the right way. Every time I tried to use my old shortcut and just edit it to point to the new EXE I got the PW Data error.
The Moose
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

Yes sir and thank you Bullwinkle . New "short cut" crated from the Beta exe did it works.

Buck
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

getting the PW Data error.
using the beta subfolder shortcut
ver 1126b had been fine for over a year now its started.

Tigercub
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

made shortcut from beta2 exe still the same PW Data error.
fresh install fully updated to the 1126b ver
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
tomamars

Post by tomamars »

Same problem here...
tomamars

Post by tomamars »

Some help here please? I've installed the game, then beta in separate folder, moved that folder to main, changed both locations in shortcut as advised, but still there is PW data error. I have Windows 10. Never had this issue on my old computer...
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Just run the beta installer, this should find the game installed and it will automatically create the beta folder in the game installation folder and the desktop shorcut.
No need to copy and paste any folder.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

it not working! thinking it got something to do with a virus programme but not sure I have reinstalled in on a different drive no luck.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

got it to work but now not sure how i fixed it! :P
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: tigercub

got it to work but now not sure how i fixed it! :P

FM.[;)]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “Tech Support”