Sicily to Brenner Pass Scenario

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Charles Jehlen

Sicily to Brenner Pass Scenario

Post by Charles Jehlen »

Working my way through the games, playing solo with a history book by my side. Enjoying most of them. Having cut my teeth on TAHGC's Anzio '69, I was looking forward to this campaign game.

I must say I was a bit disappointed in this scenario's lack of ports in Sicily. There is no way to replicate the invasion of Salerno in September 1943. The Allied reinforcements show up on time, but cannot load onto the ships in the single available port of Messina.

Did I miss something?

Charlie
TheeWarLord

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass Scenario

Post by TheeWarLord »

Perhaps, if I may give a suggestion. Go to scenario editor, and add a port on map editing. Save game into sce. and you have your port. Let your opponent know, so they can add it as well. Hope this works for you.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I've added two ports on the southern coast of Sicily for you. I'll post the new
scenario on the next post below.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (247.54 KiB) Viewed 78 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the new scenario itself posted here below.
Attachments
Sicilyto..lgfv.1.0.zip
(342.65 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

The Allies had to secure Sicily before taking on the Italian mainland, that is why the designer left ports out of Sicily, except for Messina [which is enough to support the invasion of Italy].

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”