Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Goodwood

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Operation Goodwood Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Goodwood - 7/11/2018 6:14:27 PM   
2clicks

I'm just about to start operation Goodwood and was wondering if anyone had any tips. I'm looking to get better at attacking and doing so in the most efficient way. All help appreciated!

Many thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Operation Goodwood - 7/11/2018 6:41:57 PM   
larryfulkerson

It sounds like a gag joke but I'm serious about this: maybe watch Elmer for a turn or two to see how he handles units. Elmer will attack at very low odds though so you'll have to assist it from time to time. And he likes to chase units until they die which is probably something that a human probably wouldn't do all the time just when it's justified. He likes to put HQ units on the front lines too. I would avoid that myself.

"When you're dead you don't know you're dead. The pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you're stupid." Anon.

(in reply to 2clicks)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation Goodwood - 7/11/2018 11:07:33 PM   
sPzAbt653

Hi Andrew - hope you have fun with Goodwood. Pay attention to your unit compositions, because due to the small scale the scenario is set up to be a little more tactical than normal for TOAW. Don't let me get misquoted, it's not a Tactical Scenario! But if you know the relationship between different types of equipment, you have a better understanding of what takes place in this scenario.
Also understand that even at this late point in the war, the British still weren't very good at combined operations. Lessons learned the hard way in Goodwood were put to good practice in the follow-up Operation Spring [also included in the scenario].

(in reply to 2clicks)
Post #: 3
RE: Operation Goodwood - 7/11/2018 11:11:13 PM   
sPzAbt653

There was a short thread during development. Some of it is off topic, but if you hadn't seen it you might want to take a quick look:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2784561

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Operation Goodwood Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI