Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Nebulas storm

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Nebulas storm Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nebulas storm - 7/10/2018 1:05:34 PM   
Issandii

Hello
I was playing this game for few days now, but just today find that nebulas can dm my (an other) ships by nebualstorm effect. So I was on little search and in ingame wiki find little note about it but don't find how to deactivate this effect on my ships (or station / I can't even build station is this holly gas cloud coz of demaged construction ship XD) so I was go to ingame gameditor and try to find way to deactivate it. I cant find it, so i was trying to just mark nebula (pressing it name) just like system or planet or gas cloud but I can't (or I was pressing in wrong place). I even try to add new galaxy event to deactivate this stom efect but can't find it.

So NOW I'm here to ask you might players/devs/other xeno speces
HOW can i turn it off/deffend against it (pleas don't told me that I need shialds coz I try to play without it in this gameplay, and I have 600k research difficulty multipiler so ...)

< Message edited by Issandii -- 7/10/2018 1:08:58 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Nebulas storm - 7/10/2018 1:35:48 PM   
btd64

You need Shields....GP

Intel i7 3.4GHz,8GB Ram,1920x1080 rez

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DW Series-Beta Tester
TotS-Alpha Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Issandii)
Post #: 2
RE: Nebulas storm - 7/10/2018 1:47:09 PM   
Issandii

so I get rekt this time XD coz I'm blocked by other empires from other side and can only expand by this nebula XD

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: Nebulas storm - 7/10/2018 2:46:33 PM   
Issandii

Ok next question. XD

When I get shields, how can I build this gas mining station in gas cloud, this get destroyed before it's builded. I mean in gas cloud under nebulastorm effect.

(in reply to Issandii)
Post #: 4
RE: Nebulas storm - 7/10/2018 9:05:43 PM   
Aeson

I can't recall having too much trouble with building mining stations in nebulae with storms before. Are you sure it wasn't destroyed by a pirate attack or something like that?

Regardless, something you might try is to create a new mining station design and give it a bunch of armor components before you put anything else - including required components - into to the design. Putting a reactor, an energy collector, and at least one shield generator into the design soon after you add the armor and before anything else might also help.

If you still aren't able to build a mining station, I'd suggest developing the technologies that improve the Construction Yard component - they're at the bottom of the Energy and Construction Tree - because they'll make your construction ships build things more quickly, which will let you get more of the mining station up before the nebula storm damage pulse and so should make it less likely for the mining station to be destroyed by the storm.

Also, a question - do you need this mining station, or is it just a refueling point to help your ships reach beyond the nebula? If it's the latter, you might try building a resupply ship instead.

(in reply to Issandii)
Post #: 5
RE: Nebulas storm - 7/10/2018 9:38:59 PM   
Issandii

I need it, it's helium source (it's one from 4 in my jump range, and) other are on planets with 40-70% of it.
when I change desain aormor fuel cell reactor and shiald as fistr component it work :)
thanks

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 6
RE: Nebulas storm - 7/12/2018 2:38:33 AM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

You need Shields....GP

which kind of shields exactly.. ???

< Message edited by Hattori Hanzo -- 7/12/2018 2:39:22 AM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 7
RE: Nebulas storm - 7/12/2018 3:39:01 AM   
SirHoraceHarkness

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

You need Shields....GP

which kind of shields exactly.. ???

Any type. Shields buffer the damage to the hull and components and the recharge usually keeps up with the damage bleed over time. The reason construction is difficult or impossible is that shields only come online after whatever is being built is finished so the nebula damage destroys the unprotected components and its never finished.

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Nebulas storm Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI