Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"login isn't activated"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> "login isn't activated" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"login isn't activated" - 7/9/2018 6:03:55 PM   
Tollwut

Hello.

My pardons but I've tried logging on to the multiplayer server and it says "login isn't activated".
Can someone please help me out?

"I'll show you where Iron Crosses bloom..." (Steiner)
Post #: 1
RE: "login isn't activated" - 7/11/2018 4:32:37 AM   
Tollwut

Ok, guys I really need your help with this matter.

I currently reside in Vietnam. I've bought GG's WITE legally through Steam and am currently playing it MP on the MP server. As my Vietnamese internet connection is at times relatively unstable it happens that I load up my save and then lose connection, which in turn prompts the game to terminate without saving. I want to emphasize though that this is absolutely beyond my control. It is a question of the Vietnamese internet connection being suboptimal.

I bring this all up because Slitherine has revoked my access to the MP server. They have done this because they claim I have been downloading turns and saving them and that this behavior is against the rules. I'd be very thankful for any advice you might be able to give me.

Also, I'd like to review the dos and don'ts of GG's WITE. Can someone provide me with a quote about the exact rule I've supposedly broken?

"I'll show you where Iron Crosses bloom..." (Steiner)

(in reply to Tollwut)
Post #: 2
RE: "login isn't activated" - 7/11/2018 8:23:01 AM   
MarauderPL

I, being Tollwut's current opponent (or 1 of the opponents), would like to say that it is wrong to revoke his access to the MP server. There are many issues that may happen during the game, like internet failure, or (in my case) occasional graphic drivers failure and it doesn't mean that the person is "cheating" on purpose.
And for example, we could have agreed in our bilateral "houserules", that such reloading is allowed (learning purpose?), then is it also punishable?

Account banning is a way too harsh method of approach.

(in reply to Tollwut)
Post #: 3
RE: "login isn't activated" - 7/15/2018 5:36:17 AM   
D511

have the same problem here! Playing game with Tollwut and received message from support about save/load frequency. My answer to them registered but still without answer and now a can`t doing my game turn :(
Not very comfortable...

(in reply to MarauderPL)
Post #: 4
RE: "login isn't activated" - 7/15/2018 10:43:22 PM   
thedoctorking

Did you contact Slitherine support? I'd put in a ticket there and refer them to this thread so they can see your opponents' comments.

(in reply to D511)
Post #: 5
RE: "login isn't activated" - 7/24/2018 6:07:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Tollwut,

I've been investigating this with our server admins and our support team. Some key points from those discussions:

- Your account is re-enabled based on the communications here and your opponents vouching for you. You should be able to continue all your games

- This is the second time your account has been banned, because the upload to download ratio is far out of sync, because of your internet connection issues
- We've contacted you several times with warnings regarding this situation and received no reply, so we had no choice but to ban you as this type of ratio normally indicates someone who is trying to cheat in PBEM games, but it can also indicate a bad internet connection. Without communication and investigation, we can't well which for certain and we err on the side of making sure there is no cheating going on.
- When you were banned the first time, you were advised to try to improve the situation and reply to any future warnings. We had not heard more from you until this forum post.
- Please keep the lines of communication with our support folks open through the help desk so that if you continue to have issues, they can hear from you and understand what's going on.
- I would also suggest that you do what you can to improve your internet connection's reliability. PBEM++ does not ask much, these are pretty small files and don't take long to transmit. Your internet must be remarkably bad to have such consistent issues transferring these files.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 7/24/2018 6:08:09 PM >

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> "login isn't activated" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI