Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.0.sce

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.0.sce Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/21/2018 6:33:41 PM   
larryfulkerson

I went to look at my theater options and I find a duplicate entry and I'm wondering what happens if I chose both of them this turn? We might need to find out to see if it's a bug or a feature.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 8/21/2018 6:42:41 PM >

Did you ever suddenly realize that you're dead and nobody is telling you?

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 211
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/21/2018 7:43:19 PM   
devoncop

Turn 78

EVV=81........VP's remain steady at +27

The NVA offensive continues in the north and two more battalions of the unfortunate 25th US Division evaporate as well as the artillery component along with some ARVN Border troops.

Despite US interdiction restarting some small NVA battalions helping the VC in the south manage to overrun another 4 Border units helping to give more space for the VC to operate.

Once again their is little VC capability in the Delta but what there is blows a few bridges.

The US presence seems much reduced in the central provinces and I am hoping this continues with VC territory expanding.

< Message edited by devoncop -- 8/22/2018 5:27:57 AM >

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 212
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/22/2018 5:35:17 AM   
devoncop

Turn 79

EVV=83.............VP's jump to +30

The jump in VP's reflects no less than 10 provinces now recording new VC gains which is the best so far as the ARVN is apparently only slowly recovering from the coup disruption which is hampering its activity.

Most of the action aside from continuing infiltration takes place in the north as a planned push towards Hue takes place and considerable counter battery fire occurs to cover the advance. A large number of SP Guns and heavy howitzers are knocked out just outside of Hue from the 9th Artillery and also the 25th infantry Division. NVA troops are now within 15 Km of the city.

Manpower for the VC has become more of a problem lately with less reinforcements arriving reflecting both the wartime losses and the number of active units actually present in South Vietnam so I have taken a Theatre Option diverting manpower from the NVA to the VC.

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 213
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/22/2018 7:22:35 AM   
Hyding

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop
The new puppet government...sends me a ceasefire proposal....

...I see tipping the EVV up over 95 as my best chance for a win as the Americans clear off !

And of course Ian sees through my subterfuge and makes the correct choise. It's just a matter of time now. And the thought occurs to me that the Allied side isn't supposed to "win". I've never played a CSV game in which they did. I'd like to see such a game. I'm still not sure where I went wrong in this game. Or if I didn't do anything "wrong" per se but things are supposed to turn out this way more or less. I'd like to hear a discussion about this you guys.

Well one problem you have is you are being hit by ARVN morale, coup and desertion problems that are not supposed to be occurring until after US withdrawal (EEV 100).

Post #: 214
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/22/2018 7:30:04 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hyding
Well one problem you have is you are being hit by ARVN morale, coup and desertion problems that are not supposed to be occurring until after US withdrawal (EEV 100).

I know, and it's a Yuge problem too. I can't get any units to do anything useful.

(in reply to Hyding)
Post #: 215
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/22/2018 3:24:13 PM   
devoncop

Turn 80

EVV jumps to 86 and VP's jump to +41 as the tide appears to be turning towards the NLF.......

The coup does indeed seem to have crippled the ARVN whose loyalty to the new government seems tenuous. VC activity is spiking all over the country and the ARVN appear paralysed. This turn new activity is recorded in 12 new provinces in the south and both Pleiku in Pontum Province ...which is largely now VC controlled.....and Sa Dec in the Delta are overrun by VC units. The VP total has now tipped into a marginal victory for me and Hue is also under a lot of pressure in Thua Thien in the north. The Artillery concentrated in Hue by the US gets decimated this turn before a proficiency check failure.

I have sent a diplo message to larry to see if he wants to call it a day and we can get cracking on a reverse fixture so he can have some fun with the Commies ! It may be he sees the situation is recoverable.....we shall see.

As the NVA/VC I have found the scenario to be very enjoyable as in many ways although manpower is often weak and you feel short handed you have total initiative as to where and when to strike......I think maybe the US/ARVN side is a lot more frustrating

< Message edited by devoncop -- 8/22/2018 3:25:17 PM >

Post #: 216
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/22/2018 4:30:51 PM   
larryfulkerson

Hey Ian:
I saw your note above about maybe quitting this game right now.
Let me say this about that: If we quit now you won't have the
joy of overrunning Saigon itself. That's an automatic victory
to own that hex remember. Go for it, I say.

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 217
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/22/2018 5:50:43 PM   
devoncop

Hi Larry

We fight on !

Post #: 218
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/23/2018 2:30:02 PM   
devoncop

Turn 81...July 1971

This may be game over as EVV reaches 88 and VP's increase again.

Larry has sent me a diplo message suggesting we end this game now as the situation now seems very difficult for the US/ARVN and as I play through this turn the NVA storm into Hue and decimate the garrison which would add a further net +12 to the VP total.

It has been a great game and I am now going to try my luck as the US......If I can last as long as turn 81 I will be happy !

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 219
RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.... - 8/27/2018 4:08:08 AM   
Raindem

Great game guys. Well played on both sides. It's a bit more difficult to win from the Allied side, but I've seen it done several times.

As for the double option in the Theater Option list, that is indeed a bug. There should only be one there for economic aid. I'll look into it.

Curt

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 220
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: CSV try III Ian is NLF larry is Allies csv_lgf_v1.0.sce Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI