Construction Engineers

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

davidc

Construction Engineers

Post by davidc »

The trouble with this rule is that not having it makes the game pro-Axis and having it makes the game pro-Allied, so no Axis player wants it and the rule ends up not being used at all.
There is no middle ground.
What we need are construction engineer units that perform this function but are not strong or fast enough to use in the front lines.

I propose to add the following units:
Germany
0-1 at start/reserve
0-2 1941 war reserve USSR
Italy
0-2 at start/reserve
Japan
0-2 1940 war reserve USA
0-2 1941
CW
0-2 at start/reserve
0-2 1942
France
0-1 1943
China
0-2 1942
USSR
0-1 1942
0-1 1943
USA
0-2 1941/reserve
0-3 1942
0-2 1943

Unzip and replace the attached two files in Data\Unit_Data and start a new global war campaign to get the new units.
All feedback welcome.
Attachments
Constructi..ngineers.zip
(520.87 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Centuur

RE: Construction Engineers

Post by Centuur »

If you really would like to simulate the construction engineers that Germany had at start of the war, you should give them 3 of those at start of the game. The Bautruppen numbered almost 300.000 men at start of the war and that's not counting the Eisenbahnbautruppen (which were specialized in restoring railroads and did so in an amazing short amount of time). Also, one should not allow the Germany combat engineers to act as construction engineers at all.
Peter
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Actually, I don't want to use the construction engineer rule regardless of which side I am on. The rule is the most frustrating rule in the game. It is just a thorough pain to get engineers where you need them, and I don't need games I play to inflict pain.

(unfortunately, the dice will insist on inflicting pain, but that is another story.... [:)])
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

Actually, I don't want to use the construction engineer rule regardless of which side I am on. The rule is the most frustrating rule in the game. It is just a thorough pain to get engineers where you need them, and I don't need games I play to inflict pain.

(unfortunately, the dice will insist on inflicting pain, but that is another story.... [:)])

+1
Peter

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”