Axis invading Iceland

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

taffjones

Axis invading Iceland

Post by taffjones »

I had a German garrison unit landed in Iceland and occupying the city.
The next turn Britain launched operation Fork and took control of Iceland back [X(].
I didn't invade Denmark via the DE but manually, It was on the same turn that it would have been invaded by the DE (Bad weather prevented me invading sooner).
Is this WAD or a bug?
Surely if German troops have landed operation fork shouldn't just give control of Iceland back to Britain.
KorutZelva

RE: Axis invading Iceland

Post by KorutZelva »

Once UK has taken the DE the die is cast. If the unit was there the turn before, the UK wouldn't have gotten the DE. Best way to conquer Iceland is to conquer Denmark manually in autumn 1939. If you do it early enough, when supply recover you can even operate a plane there to prevent the DE.
wlape3

RE: Axis invading Iceland

Post by wlape3 »

Just edit the territory event linked to the DE to not allow Iceland to become Allied if there are a minimum number of German units present. Historically, I doubt the British would have hesitated to seize Iceland unless it would have interfered with their ability to support more important operations elsewhere, such as in France or Norway.

The beauty of the game is you can tweak the events and AI responses to give the right amount of historical "feel" or explore an entirely different chain of events.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”